Gran Turismo 5

I had to detune my Toyota pickup a bit to fit the seasonal events requirement.... even so, that thing is not fit to run around a tight course like Tsukuba :lol:

Tell me about it.

At first, mine was all engine, with Sport Hard tires. Completely undrivable at Tsukuba.

So I gave it full weight reduction, soft race tires, upgraded the drivetrain, transmission and suspension, then added ballast at the rear until I brought the PP back down to 550.

Still extremely tail happy, but now at least it is drivable.

I have full mods and sport soft tires, its drivable but barely. No ballast, just engine limiter to get it to 550 PP (89%). the trick is to never steer and use the throttle at the same time :lol:

This is the Tacoma X-Runner... I imaging the 4WD Ram is a bit less of a handful.

These settings worked to a degree, I got 1st on Fuji and Indy, 2nd on Cote d'Azur, but I still couldn't win Nurburgring, Monza and Suzuka. Basically any track with a lot of elevation change, this setting doesn't seem to work. I basically just need to win one more race. Anyone got a specific setting for Monza? I was leading a few laps at Monza, the problem is some section of the track is pretty narrow, if one of the tire goes into the grass, I'm fucked. If there's anyone to make the car slightly more stable then I should be able to beat this. Thanks.

Last edited:
These settings worked to a degree, I got 1st on Fuji and Indy, 2nd on Cote d'Azur, but I still couldn't win Nurburgring, Monza and Suzuka. Basically any track with a lot of elevation change, this setting doesn't seem to work. I basically just need to win one more race. Anyone got a specific setting for Monza? I was leading a few laps at Monza, the problem is some section of the track is pretty narrow, if one of the tire goes into the grass, I'm fucked. If there's anyone to make the car slightly more stable then I should be able to beat this. Thanks.

Are you using any aids? Personally, The FGT championship was the only one that gave me problems without assists, but I beat it pretty easily with SRF (Skid Recovery Force). Also on the Nurburgring GP track, I noticed that on the little straight after the penultimate chicane and just before the main straight the AI drivers were spinning out on almost every lap. It was pretty funny looking at the little map in the corner how the AI's triangles were spinning out at the same spot on every lap! :lol: If you're still struggling, Monza and Nurburgring have some pretty substantial corners that can be cut without penalty. ;)

I'm using 5 on traction control and 5 on ABS, but everything else is off. I guess I can try it with SRF and maybe even ASM. I'm not familiar enough with the Nurburing GP track, but I did quit a few races on Monza, I'm cutting all the chicanes.

In most cars I use 1, but it still feels like the it's skidding in the Formula GT, so I upped it to 5.

Turning on SRF and ASM helped a lot, I was able to get first place at Nurbergring and Monza, so I could win the championship.
http://img861.imageshack.**/img861/5509/photo0058g.jpg

What's the point of using more ABS than 1? I've never had the wheels lock with ABS set to 1 so I fail to see any benefit in making it stronger.

Different tires behave differently. Some tires don't have to lock to produce a skid-like effect. In these situations having ABS that comes in sooner is a help.

5 enduros left in both modes to 100% the game. Still going to take ages. Should hit B-Spec Lvl 40 in a day or two.

Bspec 40 isn't that bad, but God I dread having 6 Aspec Enduros left.

Actually hit B-Spec 40 last night, currently half way through 24hr Nurburgring event. Then I will never have to worry about my crappy drivers again.

Honestly don't know how long the 24hr events will take me. Couldn't see myself doing more than 4-6hrs in a day.

The 4 hour Miata race is the longest I've done one, even then I was up so far that I stopped for the last 25 mins. No way I can do more than 2.5hrs a day.

In GT4 the longest races I did were 4 hours, but I did 4 on the trot in a series. Fortunately the game let you save in between races.... I'm not attempting the 9+ hour enduros until I get a UPS for my PS3.

The only one I did so far is the Indy 500, in a X1, and it took 2h05m.

I might try the Nurburgring 4h to get the Audi R8 LMS, and maybe the Tsukuba 4h, but I doubt I'll even try the other ones.

The 200miles of Laguna Seca only takes around 1h45m in the X1.

I simply refuse to do those endurance races without saving.

^ I agree totally, I did the 60 laps of grand valley and fuck that until we can save part way thru.

In other news has anyone discovered wheelies yet? I looked around on gtplanet and found some suspension setups and applied them to a Shelby Cobra and it worked great. I think it's still a new thing though. If I had a better setup i"d post a video but they're getting common.

Did it online and people were freaking out.