Gran Turismo 5

I think race modified cars should have an interior more like that of the GT300 cars. I tried the two premium GT300 cars and found them pretty uninspiring to drive. The yellow rx7 one is impossible to drive in the interior view because the right a piler takes up half the screen, so you can't see where you're going when turning right.

I think race modified cars should have an interior more like that of the GT300 cars. I tried the two premium GT300 cars and found them pretty uninspiring to drive. The yellow rx7 one is impossible to drive in the interior view because the right a piler takes up half the screen, so you can't see where you're going when turning right.

Doesn't help if they have the sunstrip, you end up looking through an A5 sized gap.

New British Lightweight seasonals are up. :)

I haven't even done the Honda ones yet.

At this rate the seasonals will be more extensive than A spec in about 2 months.

I haven't even done the Honda ones yet.

At this rate the seasonals will be more extensive than A spec in about 2 months.

I have no problem with that, A-spec is less than stellar. The seasonal events pretty much saved this game for me.

Though that's less applicable since I now need to re-do A-spec anyway....

I was just doing the British seasonal on the Nurburgring. I tried to go round a black Lotus on the outside and ended up in the grass sideways. I shouted, "D.Ong's put me off!"

Then I lol'd.

Anybody using the Caterham Fireblade for the British Lightweights event? I find it to be pretty disappointing because for a car that weighs only 350-400 KG it isn't that fun to drive and why the hell are the stock gears so damn long? It only starts to accelerate fast once you get past 100 km/h and you only use 3 out of 6 total gears for most tracks. :dunno:

To get its PP down to the required 550, I had to decrease the power from 160 hp - 145 hp, but you'd still expect a car with 550 PP to feel pretty quick, but it just doesn't (only through tight corners you can hit speeds other cars can't); The Elise 111R is rated at "only" 450 PP stock and it feels MUCH quicker (and more fun) and made me post faster lap times (especially at London, because acceleration from low speeds is critical here).

Last edited:
The engine intertia is way too high for that car, takes the fun out of it. Feels like a very slow revving motorbike engine. Well it is. They really should have put the R500 in the game.

I used a mostly stock TVR Tuscan. Pretty good car for the event. Caught the first place car on dottinger-hohe on the 'Ring.

I think mine had just exhaust, purely for better sound :p

Yes decrease power to 50% (modded car), and added a little weight to get to the 550pp. You can lap 3-4 people on a couple of the races.

Now managed to buy the Ford and the Ferrari that are worth 20M credits. Working my way down the most expensive premium cars and if there are any standards that catch my eye, I have them as well. This is with only playing for like an hour a day. Next item on my list is that Muira, I've been eyeing it up so many times.

Additionally, the seasonals have meant I have been able to go form level 33 to 36 in A Spec. Maybe I have been playing it too much recently...

The primera '90 select info

"european firm suspension"
"it also showed superior handling characteristics"
"it gathered high regard in the market... It still has many fans even now"

Yeah, from taxi drivers.