Gran Turismo 5

I used to hate Suzuka, these days it's one of my favourite tracks. It's a bit long but it's really challenging to get right and generally making a slight mistake is going to cost you massive amount of time (apart from the tarmac runoffs in Turn 1 and 130R).

I hate how the AI must absolutely stick to their racing line. I am by no means a good driver in this game, but I try to race cleanly. However, I can't even overtake despite the fact that I am in a much faster car because there simply is no road to be had.

I hate how the AI must absolutely stick to their racing line. I am by no means a good driver in this game, but I try to race cleanly. However, I can't even overtake despite the fact that I am in a much faster car because there simply is no road to be had.

Outbrake them into a corner and take the inside line, they'll let you in.

Outbrake them into a corner and take the inside line, they'll let you in.

Nope, that action is usually followed by a dull thud coming from the AI steering into you.

You have to be a driving god to gold the Red Bull X2010 challenges, but not to overtake the AI cars. :p

Polly anna?? Yeh DC has some sketchy lines, I saw him clearly cut the first corner.

The seasonal event has opened up in GT5. Checking it out atm (You might need to restart your ps3)
Press UP to get rid of the ghost car.

1:18.5 is the best I can do so far... How the hell are people getting 1:15?

Last edited:
Yeah I don't think DCs time would have been valid if it was in the game.

Apparently only certain regions have the event, so theres the details in the lap times thread.

*Attempts to not be over 2 minutes.

1:20.276

I can't beat it, I got lucky. Powerslide around the first corner and hammerhead was the same. Even if i'm ahead, my ghost flies by in both corners.

Just had a quick go, managed a 1:19.753. Driving that SLS was a bit of a shock because the last couple of days I've been driving nothing but racing cars which have lots of tyre and aero grip and the Merc has neither.

Also, the 'invalid lap' restrictions seem tighter, I kept getting caught out by going off line (to the right of the darker racing line on the tarmac) too much on the way into Chicago and ending up with a red time. I always use that line, because I can get the car straight quicker and can therefore be more stable under braking, and it never normally gives me a penalty.

Here's a video recap of the event:

Video + Pictures

Also, it's now available as a seasonal event with (I think) only money prizes (bronze, silver, gold) and an online leader board.

Last edited:
It's that dumb-ass Skid Recovery bullshit. Just crank on the lock and go full throttle and you win!

It's that dumb-ass Skid Recovery bullshit. Just crank on the lock and go full throttle and you win!

Was skid recovery forced on in the nascar races? I never bothered scrolling down to check. But that would explain the really strange sensations going around corners.

Last edited: