Gran Turismo 5

I wonder if the cloth camo flops around since its not rigid :lol:. Also there are no interior shots. I wonder what the test interiors like.

Polyphony needs to release an expansion to update the rally races. Watching the new Forza Horizon expansion pack trailer makes me sad that the rally racing in GT5 is pitiful. :(

New seasonals feature the Camo C7 'Vette in a time trial on the Nordschleife. Now THAT is a proper trial because everyone uses the exact same car, no PP limits, no tuning, just the original car and nothing else. So far I did a 7:39 in only a few laps and that put me at round 2000th place, gonna try to improve on that tomorrow.

anyone noticed taht the home screen melody (when you start the game) changed to
? :lol:

Thanks Kaz,nice touch ;)

I'm halfway through the 24h of the N?rburgring.
The Matmut Peugeot is dieseling quite oversteery through the rain.

Stats:
12:47:26,249
84 laps completed

Best time in the dry: 7:58,180 on Racing Hard
in the wet: a bit under 9:20

I'm 2 laps in front of an Audi R10, followed by a McLaren F1 and a Peugeot 905.
Other participants are 2 R8 LMS, C5-R, Citroen GT, Zonda LM, Ford GT (no spoiler), Lister Storm and the 5door GTR.

It went dark about 6h into the race, I hope morning brakes soon.

Shortly after the pitstop the rain started to die down, an hour later the new day announced itself.
@ 14:30 it is almost bright as day, but the sun is still missing. It shouldn't take long.

@ 15:00 I noticed sth odd in the rearviewmirror, the sun had jumped up. Her fight against the morning mist was cheered upon by the chirping of the wastegates.
Soon we don't need to waste precious energy for the headlamps.

@ 15:17 Headlights off

@ 16:13 With 2 liters and a bit of rubber left heading for the pit. 108 laps done, fastest in the dry is now a 7:50,305 still on racing hard.

@ 23:01 last pitstop. 157 laps, 4 laps in front. If I've got the timing right I should start the last lap right before the deadline, run out of fuel on the GP part and cruise the rest on fumes.

@ 23:59 I crossed the line and ran out of fuel as expected. The fastest lap was a 7:43,712 the slowest a 17:33,352 (no fuel) finished after 24:16 and change.

Last edited:
I finally got GT5 recently. Why the delay? I spent all of my money (and then some) on a trip to Japan last year. While there, I "drove" the new 86 at the Toyota Mega Web on Odaiba, where they have a couple of GT5 games set up just for them. Also, I was waiting for opportunity. Fortunately, a couple of my motorcycle buddies came through. One got a big fat speeding ticket (135mph), so he sold me his new 40" flat-screen TV for $180. Another needed some fast cash too, so he sold me his PS3 for $125. I don't know which version it is, but it will play my PS2 games, so I still have Tourist Trophy. An HDMI cable and a new GT5 game later, and I was playing on my new setup for a total cash outlay of less than $350.

Still getting used to the game layout, but having lots of fun. The Lancia Delta HF Integrale sounds so much better, much more like the one we have at work.

Nice. Get yourself a wheel to have the best experience. You don't need a $200+ wheel; you can easily get away with a Logitech DFGT (designed for GT5) which you can pick up for under $100 (don't bother with the older DFP, which was designed for GT4, because the DFGT is a massive improvement for not much more money).

Oh, I've still got my wheel from years of playing GT4. Logitech G25. If I'm not mistaken, GT5 recognizes the clutch pedal when in manual mode. Supposed to press the triangle button when the race is loading, or something like that. Does that sound right?

Oh, I've still got my wheel from years of playing GT4. Logitech G25. If I'm not mistaken, GT5 recognizes the clutch pedal when in manual mode. Supposed to press the triangle button when the race is loading, or something like that. Does that sound right?

All you have to do now is push the clutch. You can switch from H pattern to paddles just by using one or the other as you will, mid race.

Tried the H-pattern shifter and clutch tonight. That will take some getting used to. And I'll have to use a more secure base for the shifter. :)

Won the Veyron tonight. Just after taking delivery, I received the gold chrome paint chip for having 60 cars in my garage. So of course you know what I'm considering... :lol:

Regarding the new Corvette: how the hell will we engage 7th gear with a gated shifter like the G27?

I figured, but that will ruin the immersion :(

The M5 has 7 gears as well. Paddles are the only thing that works. (Yes, I know it has paddles IRL.)

That's just how it is.

The M5 has 7 gears as well. Paddles are the only thing that works. (Yes, I know it has paddles IRL.)

That's just how it is.

I am dork and I know it, because I only use paddles if the real car has paddles and use the H-shifter if the car has one. :lol:
That means I can't keep it up with the Corvette. :p

PD are fucking awesome. Not only did they spend time modeling the camo version and releasing it for free, they're doing the same thing with the production model. :D

I also use the paddles and shifter according to what the actual cars have. I have a sequential so the number of gears doesn't matter. :D

Luckily gear 7 would only be used on long straights, shouldn't be too much of a problem. Count me in the "look up what kind of transmission the obscure 90s racecar has" club.