Gran Turismo 5

and according some reports from Leipzig's gaming convention, GT5P supports G25's clutch! :mrgreen::bow::woot::thumbsup::clap::thumbup:

( I think that covers my feeling about this :lol: )

Kotaku... I don't know... I don't trust 'em.

My god, this game is utterly amazing !

COCKPIT VIEW !!!!
Finally...I was waiting for that since the glory days of TOCA 2.

GT5 is one of the only games i bought a ps3 for ( the other being MGS4), and by looking at those screenshots, im not gonna be dissapointed. Can't wait

"since we are modeling the inside of the car, we might as well have an in car camera now" :p

I wonder if they will take the extra step, so when you modify your car and strip interior and add roll cage, will it show. hmmm

Last edited:
HD is a spiced up version of GT4. GT5 prologue is pretty much GT5 prologue.
This seems like a Prologue worthy of buying.

so theres gunna be 2 versions of Gran Turismo now? GT HD and GT5 Prologue... those money grabbing basterds

GT HD was a free download in the PStore whereas Gran Tursimo 5 Prologue it's going to be a proper "game", sort of:p, with the interiors rendered, more cars, more tracks etc. It's just to keep us fans entertained while we wait for the real deal.

BTW looking at the vid with the interior view I realised that there was no animation for changing gear. I mean I know the F430 has flappy pedal gearbox but there was no animation of changing gear with the fingers. I hope they implement it with the game because it was one of the features I liked most of TDU.

They will implement changing gears, it's just one of the things that are still missing.
Did you notice there are no cars in the rear view mirror, the engine still doesn't render them... they promise it will.

GT HD was a free download in the PStore whereas Gran Tursimo 5 Prologue it's going to be a proper "game", sort of:p, with the interiors rendered, more cars, more tracks etc. It's just to keep us fans entertained while we wait for the real deal.

Sounds good, should be getting a ps3 sooon as the price is gone down but its still outragous you pay ?400+ and it doesnt come with HD connections.

There's still no damage. Even Forza2 has damage now. But other than that, the game looks good, love the cockpit view, now the only thing they need to focus on is the handling physics. The graphics is good enough.

There's still no damage. Even Forza2 has damage now.

Forza has cartoon damage, 200 mph full frontal collision with another car going
200 mph, and both cars have visible fender damage, and fly 300ft into the air,
drop down, and you can still drive... slowly.

That's crap, I prefer no damage to silly damage.

I still prefer some damage though, even if it's unrealistic. Something like Colin McRae Dirt's damage system is good. It's effect is reduced (compare to real life), but if you hit something hard enough you'll still get terminal damage.

another video :D

GC 2007 Developer Overview
standard definition
high definition

16 cars on the track looks INSANE!

damage is mentioned as one of the items in their "road map", however to be honest I could care less about damage because I'm not expecting realistic damage to happen this generation. As long as the AIs are smart enough (already mentioned) and having a fair penalty system for bumping in online play mode.

as a non-stop GTHD player, it is very obvious that by bumping into walls WILL NOT allow players to get better lap time, and the top/fastest replays on the online rank board proves this.

the way I see it is that, a simulation can only be as realistic as the player wants it to be, if the player decides to bump other cars and ride walls, then it's the players own fault, no the games.