Gran Turismo 5

Hahaha!!! Well then! What are you waiting for! :lol:

Money. And an appropriate time to convince the wife that we physically need to spend 500? on something that, to her is, "some racing game"

I also have to explain why this also means she can't watch TV the first couple of weeks after I've bought a PS3.

Any hints? :p

Money. And an appropriate time to convince the wife that we physically need to spend 500? on something that, to her is, "some racing game"

I also have to explain why this also means she can't watch TV the first couple of weeks after I've bought a PS3.

Any hints? :p

:think:

Tell her that with the blu-Ray player she can watch her favourite movies with a much better image resolution. Yes I know that this probably won't make any difference to her, but just show her the geeky stuff and you will probably have a chance :p
You cana lso buy her a pair of Blu-Ray movies that she likes, this way she will also use the PS3. :lol:

If I already owned a PS3, it'd be a no brainier.

I don't though, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying one for it.

Save the money. Seriously. $450 for one game = NOT WORTH IT. You can buy a 24 Hours of Lemons car for $450.. and that > GT5.

Save the money. Seriously. $450 for one game = NOT WORTH IT.
Usually I'd agree with you, but not in this case. I've spent far more time with Gran Turismo than with any other game I ever played, probably even more time than all the other games added together. On that basis, the price for the console becomes very relative, it just looks so much because you have to spend it all at once.

If I already owned a PS3, it'd be a no brainier.

I don't though, so I'm trying to decide if it's worth buying one for it.

I think what you should do Viper is to wait and try to see and test the game yourself. Nothing we could tell you right here right now could tell you as much as playing and feeling the game.

I recommend you to wait and test it yourself before deciding anything yet ;)

Meh, I'd say: you got the money (without any real objections like rent, power, small reserve for unforeseeable things...) you got the TV or monitor, you got a good enough wheel AND you got the time to play (thats my hindrance, also I just shelled out that kinda money on an iPhone) just go for it. Lots of games will come out for the PS3 this year, and in case you don't have a 360, NEVER forget, there is GTA IV coming, and I'm sorry to say this in this thread:
GTA 4 >> GT5:p

^ Agreed.

To us lot, GTA4 = GT5

^ but that is considering that none of us have actually played on GTA4 yet. So no-one knows what it will be like. Obviously we know it will be awesome, but how awesome, we don't.

^ but that is considering that none of us have actually played on GTA4 yet. So no-one knows what it will be like. Obviously we know it will be awesome, but how awesome, we don't.

Uber-Awesome! We can be pretty sure about it. It's not that I'm not willing to get my hands on GTA IV. But they are simply two games that cannot be compared IMO.

But I'm really hoping that the PS3 version is equal in smoothness to the 360 version. I've seen so many ports of games suffering from framerate issues that I'm a bit worried this will also occur with the PS3. And the press not having been able to play the PS3 version yet (as far as I know), doesn't help either.

Yeah, also the forum fooked my post a bit. I called GT5 Prologue GT5: P (no space in between : and P makes it :p)

When GT5 Full version comes out, I'll agree with the rest. Never bought a system for a GTA, but I did for GT4 (ok, got the system for 3 months from a friend, but bought the game and a dfp)

:think:

Tell her that with the blu-Ray player she can watch her favourite movies with a much better image resolution. Yes I know that this probably won't make any difference to her, but just show her the geeky stuff and you will probably have a chance :p
You cana lso buy her a pair of Blu-Ray movies that she likes, this way she will also use the PS3. :lol:

lol

thing is, we have a 5 year old TV which is not HD ready. So "better quality" is not really an issue until I buy a new TV first.

I do like the idea of buying her Bluray movies though, even if that means I have to go to the store and go into the "chick flick" section, and pass the cash register while some burly dude smirks and says "whipped" under his breath at me

*shudders*

How many cars are there gonna be in the final game? I heard the same amount as in GT4 (around 700) or more. That'll be a challenge to fit them all on one Blu-ray disc, there'll probably be multiple discs and you'll probably only be able to play with all of the cars if you have the bigger hard drive in the PS3.

How many cars are there gonna be in the final game? I heard the same amount as in GT4 (around 700) or more. That'll be a challenge to fit them all on one Blu-ray disc, there'll probably be multiple discs and you'll probably only be able to play with all of the cars if you have the bigger hard drive in the PS3.
I've heard around 900.

... which is a rumour until the present day. Actually, nobody knows. With every new Gran Turismo, some fans are only too eager to state that all cars of all previous GTs will be in the new game. Passed on from website to website, a rumour quickly becomes fact. So actually, we'll know when they'll tell us.

If you want to have my guess, I'd say GT5 will start with 300-350 cars and be "filled" with downloads constantly. The idea behind this is that it would make little sense to hold the game back for finishing more cars. I suppose they'd rather release the game, meanwhile finish more cars and then put them up as a download.

No way. Gonna be easily enough space...