Gran Turismo 5

Actually I'm sure most people know/remember that PS3 plays Blu-ray, what most people are forgetting is the quality it can upconvert DVDs especially if you have a nice big screen.

Yes it does, I watched one of the episodes from the Office season 3 DVD set and it looked like HD quality and I know what the Office look like in HD because I watch every new episode of it in HD trough an over the air antennae. The DVD upconverting capabilities blew me away, one of the most impressive things about the PS3, the Blue Ray drive isn't really impressive yet since the movies that are on it cost so damn much.

EDIT: Oh and I beat the A class level and it made the game about five million times better. I also raced a few races online and in my first race I finished 2nd, in the second race I finished 2nd again, and in the third race I finished 1st. Everyone in the beginners classes suck balls at this game, it's almost impossible to race at the Daytona oval online since everyone crashes constantly.

Last edited:
There are a few races I find completely impossible (to get Gold). I was wondering what were you lot have got. In brackets are my scores.

- C - Honda Integra Type R @ Daytona - Overtake all (Silver)
- B - Lancer Evo IX @ Eiger Nordwand - Timed (Silver)
- A - BMW M3 @ Eiger Nordwand - Timed (Bronze)
- S - Ford GT @ High Speed Ring - Timed (Silver - although I reckon I can get Gold on this one)

There are a few races I find completely impossible (to get Gold). I was wondering what were you lot have got. In brackets are my scores.

- C - Honda Integra Type R @ Daytona - Overtake all (Silver)

I don't remember the other races you mentioned off the top of my head (sped through the races), but that one lap race with Integra Type R is definitely do-able as I have done that race 30+ times to gain money, quite easy infact if you find the pattern, you need to slipstream as much as you can.

I can end up about 0.5 secs behind 1st, and that is speeding down the pits (cutting corner). I just can't seem to manage it!

the level with the F430 at the alternate daytona track is driving me nuts

its all I need for S class right now

it just doesn't seem possible at all

I found that one very easy! Just brake late, and cut corners :lol: Oh, and use ramming.

It seems as if this game is hard in some parts for some and others for others. Good game I say!

I haven't finished the S class yet, they seem a lot harder but the only ones I don't have gold on in the C-A classes are the time trials and it's basically because you can't tune the car for the time trials. I only got bronzes and mostly silvers on the overtake all events, except for one where I got gold, then when I finished the A class I went bank and tuned the cars for the others and got golds on them all. You wouldn't think tuning the Honda in the Daytona one would work well because of the limit but turning the HP down all the way and pulling the weight back as far as it lets you along with pulling the gearing back to a top speed around 175 or so really helps the acceleration when your in the draft, that's how I got that one.

wait how are you tuning your car?

I cant do anything like that

wait how are you tuning your car?

I cant do anything like that

You've got to finish the C, B and A classes in order to activate the "Quick Tune" mode (the icon looks like a wrench). Then this mode is avaliable for all classes.

oh, well i'm only 1 race away from unlocking S races

tuning should make it much better

It does a lot, however the races I posted you can't tune your cars (there are some others as well).

Can someone please compare GT5P with LFS? I'm not talking about graphics, but how the cars feel and how good the physics are. I think LFS is the benchmark for any racing game in terms of physics and realism.

So, how does GT5 compare?

Good news (for me I guess) !

I received my wheel friday and I didn't stopped playing with it since ! :-D

I first tested it with GT5 Prologue (obviously) and all I can say is that it is hard work :-D
I then hooked it up on my PC and fired GTR2... and then... disaster... I can't feel my arms anymore ! :-D

That thing is really awesome and I now realize why everyone say that the experience is not complete without one !

Can someone please compare GT5P with LFS? I'm not talking about graphics, but how the cars feel and how good the physics are. I think LFS is the benchmark for any racing game in terms of physics and realism.

So, how does GT5 compare?

Not even close in my opinion.

Oh. So it's not the "perfect" racing game I thought it would be. At least it's better than Forza 2, right?

The perfect racing game would be: LFS realism, GT5 graphics, and all cars/tracks that are featured in all of the current racing games (including NFS).

Not even close in my opinion.
No offense, but ahpadt here still has yet to tell us the "Prologue" he downloaded was the demo or PSN version and how is he playing the game (wheel/controller).

His complain about the physics engine is not very convincing, is he comparing to the way cars react in real life or to Froza Motorsport 2's physics engine (which he is obviously much more used to), please back up your argument if you want it to be taken seriously. :mad:

No offense, but ahpadt here still has yet to tell us the "Prologue" he downloaded was the demo or PSN version and how is he playing the game (wheel/controller).

His complain about the physics engine is not very convincing, is he comparing to the way cars react in real life or to Froza Motorsport 2's physics engine (which he is obviously much more used to), please back up your argument if you want it to be taken seriously. :mad:

His argument is fine with me. Why? because he is totally on the mark. The cars in GT just go from amazing traction to no grip and the rear end becoming the front end and no way to save it. While in Forza (and from what I heard from actual drivers) the limit isn't reached in a split second and doesn't instantly spin you out.

Honestly, LFS' realism ruins it for me. If I wanted a lifelike sim, I'd get a license and go out on the track.

I want a game that is fun and being incredibly hard (like LFS) doesn't make it fun for me.

His argument is fine with me. Why? because he is totally on the mark. The cars in GT just go from amazing traction to no grip and the rear end becoming the front end and no way to save it. While in Forza (and from what I heard from actual drivers) the limit isn't reached in a split second and doesn't instantly spin you out.
:? No way to save it? I'm sure many other members here who actually play GT5P with a proper wheel can prove you wrong. Additionally, have YOU ever force a car to oversteer in real life? I am not comparing each game's physic engine to "what I've heard", but to my actual experience in real life. I am no racer (far from it) nor do I claim to be one, but I do have some experience kicking the rear out under numerous occasions, and you definitely have to "catch" the initial oversteer during a snap-oversteer before it becomes unmanageable. Which is exactly why in my earlier post I posted my opinion about over-steering in each game so other members on this forum who are more knowledgeable in this area can give us more information, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Anybody can make a claim, but a statement (especially criticism) without any sort of proof/evidence is just meaningless.

Last edited:
:? No way to save it? I'm sure many other members here who actually play GT5P with a proper wheel can prove you wrong. Additionally, have YOU ever force a car to oversteer in real life? I am not comparing each game's physic engine to "what I've heard", but to my actual experience in real life. I am no racer (far from it) nor do I claim to be one, but I do have some experience kicking the rear out under numerous occasions, and you definitely have to "catch" the initial oversteer during a snap-oversteer before it becomes unmanageable. Which is exactly why in my earlier post I posted my opinion about over-steering in each game so other members on this forum who are more knowledgeable in this area can give us more information, or correct me if I'm wrong.

Anybody can make a claim, but a statement (especially criticism) without any sort of proof/evidence is just meaningless.

x2 :clap:

No grip???? Man! Of course they have grip, but you just have to feel when you are pushing the limits of the car! I always play with the controller (yes I'm too lazy to setup my driving force everytime I want to play GT5P) and I've got no problem controlling the slides or the loss of grip. You can feel it by the way the car behaves! And I haven't got the DualShock 3 (because it seems Sony hates Europe :mad:) so I just have to feel when the car looses grip without any kind of signal. So I don't think it's a matter of GRIP/NO GRIP.