Gran Turismo 6

I'm using a DFGT with all aids off except ABS: 1. Toyota was pretty easy once I stopped fooling around and M4 around Willow was also quite easy (you just have to know the track and take those sweeping corners slow at first then speed up). Although in the previous seasonal with the Lancia Delta at Tsukuba I turned on SRF because I was struggling to get gold with my stock car and I was too lazy to tune it up to the PP limit. :p

I got my first M4 in grey but with this one I chose white. What colours did you guys choose for the Toyota? I went with the grey w/ red accents (on the mirrors, wheels, and headlights).

I Was just doing the 10-lap Silverstone race and was pretty surprised (and kinda impressed) with the AI behaviour. I was using a Zonda R and the car in front was a McLaren F1 race car. It's pretty easy passing all the other cars but you really have to concentrate and drive pretty perfectly the entire race to pass the McLaren. I remember Kaz saying something about implementing "driver emotion" and I think they accomplished that with this race by making it a close race all the way until the end. I also think it's scripted that your rear tires start disintegrating faster towards the end of the race so you have to slow down. I did it twice yesterday (finishing 2nd both times) and the 1st time I was learning the track and finished around 10 sec. behind but the 2nd time I was in 1st place on the last lap and was taking it easy because my rear tires were worn. Then the McLaren started to gain on me from behind and as I was taking the last corner he overtook me on the outside and went on to win. If I tried to block him I probably would've spun out because of my tires. That was very surprising since I expected him to just stick behind me like the AI usually does. Nice improvement to GT5's AI that just went the same speed all the time. I like the added challenge. :)

Last edited:
I got my FT-01 in black.

My first M4 was yellow and the second is black.

FT-01 - grey

M4 - Silverstone and Mineral Grey

Toyota in brown, and the M4s both in light blue(I forgot I got the first one in blue).

Regarding AI, I noticed that after you pass the car in 1st place it suddenly becomes faster.
In the endurance races, after the first change of tires, the tires wear down a lot faster. I started a 24min race with the Toyota 7...I soon found out that it has no headlights :lol:

The video has been removed due to copyright claims. You have to watch it on Hulu, or wait until Sony releases it as a download on the PSN store.

New Track, Vision GT, & X2014 Discussed at Taipei Game Show

Kazunori Yamauchi made a special appearance at the Taipei Game Show this weekend, and the first announcements are coming in from Taiwanese sites Gamerhotline and UDN (as kindly translated by our own Yui-san).

Based around the town of Zahara de la Sierra in Andalusia, Spain, the new track will be the longest in GT6 - longer than even the Nurburgring Nordschleife?s 26km of tarmac. As previously announced, it will be released in February, along with the Red Bull X2014 Standard and X2014 ?Fan Car? models.

red-bull-x2014-standard-638x358.jpg

Kazunori was also able to confirm a report that five functioning Mercedes-Benz Vision GT Concept cars will be produced, based upon the 2014 SLS AMG car.

One particularly interesting thing revealed in the discussion is Polyphony Digital?s ?one person, one car? policy. As the name implies, each car model in Gran Turismo is built from top-to-bottom by a single person, to promote the Japanese concept of ?shokunin? ? a master craftsman or artisan.

When asked about future developments, Kazunori confirmed that Polyphony?s primary focus remains on updating Gran Turismo 6, although work on the next-generation GT7 is already well underway.

A couple of screens of the new track:
new-gt6-track-2.jpg

new-gt6-track-1-638x358.jpg

If this really will be the longest track in the game, that means it will be longer than the 30km Route X. :D

Edit: Found a video:

Edit 2: Looks like the roads around there are used in real life rallying:

Pretty cool and this will probably be DLC so I hope they make a seasonal on the track so everyone can have a go on it for free like they did with Spa in GT5. :D

Last edited:
Looks pretty...

I'm hoping they introduce the track to us in the form of new point-to-point special events. :D

Either that or I'm just gonna run Targa Florio-style rallies with my friend online. :|

Last edited:
Have thay said anything about adding any new production cars? These concepts are okay, but I'd like to see more 2013 and 2014 models added to the game.

Gran Turismo 6 Update 1.04 Now Available, Brings Corvette Stingray GT Concept, New Red Bull X Challenges, AMG Vision Racing Series & More
January 28th, 2014 by Terronium-12

The fourth update for Gran Turismo 6 is now available, and it brings with it the Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept that was first shown at SEMA 2013, the second half of the Red Bull X Challenge events which also adds the ?Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard? and ?Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car? to the in-game dealership, as well as the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series, which is a separate version of the previously released AMG Vision vehicle that is ?optimized for the competitive racing scene?.

The update weighs in at 214MB, and at the time of this writing the servers are down for maintenance ? likely to introduce the new Seasonal Events. The full list of changes is as follows:

Red Bull X Challenge ? 2nd Part
The 2nd half of the ?Red Bull X Challenge? has been added to the Career Mode. In these new challenges, learn how to drive an authentic Formula car directly from the world champion, Sebastian Vettel.
*Please note that the International B License is required to enter this challenge. With this update, the ?Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Standard? and ?Gran Turismo Red Bull X2014 Fan Car? have been added to the Dealership in-game.

Release of the Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo Racing Series
An alternative version of the ?Mercedes-Benz AMG Vision Gran Turismo?, released on December 2013 as the first Vision Gran Turismo car, is now available. It is possible to obtain the car by participating in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Release of the Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept
The ?Corvette Stingray Gran Turismo Concept?, a car displayed at the 2013 SEMA show as a part of the collaboration between the Corvette development team and Gran Turismo, is now available in the Dealership in-game. It is also possible to obtain the car by participating in the new Seasonal Event, available only for a limited time.

Birthday Login Bonus
An in-game car from a year near your year of birth will be sent as a gift when you log in to PSN. The gift car will be distributed within 1 week from your birthday.
*The information is taken from the player?s SEN account used.

Remove Ghost Replay feature added
A Remove Ghost Replay button has been added to the Arcade Mode Time Trial and Free Run Quick Menu. You can display this feature by scrolling the right of the menu. This will allow you to remove ghost data that includes unintentional shortcuts.

Prize Information added to Seasonal Events
It is now possible to see what prizes are awarded in the Seasonal Events. This information is displayed on the right side of the Seasonal Events entry screen.

Note, in order to enter the Seasonal Events and the Red Bull X Challenge you must first acquire your National B license.

And finally, a little square telling me "Simple interior" or "Detailed interior". :lol:

I haven't played with the new update yet but that's a nice little addition. Although it was still pretty easy to differentiate premium and standard cars before by seeing if the "Gallery" option was greyed out (standard) or not (premium). :)

I haven't played with the new update yet but that's a nice little addition. Although it was still pretty easy to differentiate premium and standard cars before by seeing if the "Gallery" option was greyed out (standard) or not (premium). :)

Yeah, but now it is a bit more obvious.

And maybe it?s an exception, but the BMW M4 didn't had a greyed out gallery and still had a crap interior.

I drove my XKR-S for the first time (prize car) for the new seasonal and I have to say it does sound great! :D

hey guys,

i'm wondering whether or not to get a ps3 just to play gt6, but before i do such a stupid thing i'd like to know whether you need to pay
anything extra in order to play online and get updates for gt6?

thanks

thanks.

i have a g25 which thankfully is supported by gt6.
its one of the things that makes gt6 more attractive to me than say forza 4,
although i somewhat prefer forza's more modern and broad car selection and its tuning abilitys.

on the other hand i prefer gt6s selection of tracks and the course maker that is supposed to be
included some time soon makes it even better. especially since gt6 lacks some kind of nice long and tight touge style track.

Mount Panorama is as beautiful as it is hard. I am having a blast.