Gran Turismo 6

Stig outfit too? :p

Watch neither of my cars show up in the list of cars...

That too :D, plus complete Dunsfold Airfield free roaming(I want to park under that 747 god dammit!!!)

It would be nice if they include Reasonably Priced Cars and standing start for the Top Gear track.

Stig outfit too? :p

If there is a will, there is a way ;)

555049_354337964604230_1379531268_n.jpg

525478_354338004604226_2065017204_n.jpg

:p

It's officially announced. :D

Honestly, I'm a bit underwhelmed by this trailer and the info. It's cool and all, but I was kinda hoping for more. The graphics looks the same as GT5, although GT5 still looks almost perfect so not much they can improve on there (on the same hardware too). They still have hundreds of useless "standard" cars, although there's really no sense in taking them out since they're there already (GT7 on PS4 will probably get rid of the standard cars).

Still, pretty excited for what's next! :D

Gameplay!

Looks great. Moving suspension arms, springs etc. Bit disappointed it still has the same old GT5 sounds :(

Last edited:
I haven't yet seen anything to set it apart from GT5. What does this game fix of GT5's problems? Is the career better laid out with more interesting events? Is anything improved about the standard cars? Have they done anything to steamline the menus, especially a global setting to turn off the damn driving aids instead of having to do it every single time you get into a car? This much more important to me than marginally improved graphics.

And yes, sounds exactly the same, though to be fair that seemed like a camera-pointed-at-TV video.

The sounds are a deal breaker by themselves. There is no excuse to not have them revamped and I'm sick of them.

And yea, the menus don't look any different.

The sounds are a deal breaker by themselves. There is no excuse to not have them revamped and I'm sick of them.

This. I've bought every single GT game since the third one came out on the day of release. I'm a huge fanboy, but if they can't fix the damn sounds, I'm going to stay with my 360 and Forza. It's just more fun.

I haven't yet seen anything to set it apart from GT5. What does this game fix of GT5's problems?

Is the career better laid out with more interesting events? They seem to claim that is the case in the press release

Is anything improved about the standard cars? No info yet. But they have announced 1200 cars in the game, so my guess is there are still standard cars which are probably slightly more polished

Have they done anything to streamline the menus? The press release states that the menus etc. should be much improved and more intuitive

especially a global setting to turn off the damn driving aids instead of having to do it every single time you get into a car? The demo at Silverstone had a very similar pre-race menu to GT5, so no global setting - yet anyway

This much more important to me than marginally improved graphics.

And yes, sounds exactly the same, though to be fair that seemed like a camera-pointed-at-TV video.

They say the physics have had a complete overhaul with collaboration with KW for suspension and Yokohama for tires. Personally think this is the thing that will set GT6 the most aside from GT5.

All in all I think this will be, what GT5 should have been. And it will release almost on top of the launch of the PS4 - just on the wrong console.

All the delays of GT5 must really have messed up their development schedule. There are talks that a modified GT6 could release on PS4. I'm not sure how I feel about that...

KTM X-bow? Should be fun!

I can't see how people expect noticably better graphics from this, considering its still on the ancient PS3. And unless they're completely reworking it for the PS4, it ain't gonna be impressive on that either.

I just wish the audio was imprpved. The HSV DLC was a slight indication that PD can do sound, but that seems to be a rare case indeed. At this point I'm undecided. Project cars seems much more compelling to me, even if it has a limited car list.

Last edited:
With how Yamauchi thinks, I would be surprised if the sounds are improved. He is going for the raw unfiltered driving experience, and the sounds are just that. They recorded them and put them directly into the game without any kind of post processing effects to doctor up the sound to make it sound better on your average home audio setup. How the cars sound in the game is how they sounded when they were recorded, yet this does not translate well when played back over TV speakers or even a good surround sound setup.

I personally want the sounds to be tweak to bring out the experience one would hear standing next to the car, and not just what one would hear when listening to a recording.

With how Yamauchi thinks, I would be surprised if the sounds are improved. He is going for the raw unfiltered driving experience, and the sounds are just that. They recorded them and put them directly into the game without any kind of post processing effects to doctor up the sound to make it sound better on your average home audio setup. How the cars sound in the game is how they sounded when they were recorded, yet this does not translate well when played back over TV speakers or even a good surround sound setup.

I personally want the sounds to be tweak to bring out the experience one would hear standing next to the car, and not just what one would hear when listening to a recording.

I think that's being a bit generous, for instance I know what a stock WRX should sound like from inside the car and it ain't that

Kaz interview about 6. More dissapointing news.

http://www.gtplanet.net/kazunori-yamauchi-on-gran-turismo-6-standardpremium-cars/

Mainly
Will there be ?Standard Cars? in GT6?

We won?t be making all the Standard cars from GT5 into Premium models, and we won?t make all of the GT5?s Standard cars fully ?Premiumized?.

Up until now, we used to categorize them as Standard and Premium because there were functional differences between them: some of the Standard models might not have tuning parts, or couldn?t be used in Photo Mode. That will all be cleared so every model can be used in Photo Mode, and every car can have parts fitted for it.

In terms of graphics quality, the bad quality Standard models we?ve updated so they look better.

Will all of the cars have interior views?

No.

(Editor?s note: This apparently does not apply to all of the cars which were listed as ?Standard? in GT5. For example, two cars which were prominently featured in the GT6 trailer and its first official batch of screenshots, the Lamborghini Countach LP400 and Alpine A110 1600S, both appeared as Standard cars in GT5 but have apparently been converted to ?full? Premium models ? with interiors ? in GT6.)

Except their recordings don't translate through speakers into realistic sounds. They are lacking in all sorts of depth and bass which you'd get from the actual car. It doesn't matter how well they recorded the sounds, the playback is complete crap.

I think that's being a bit generous, for instance I know what a stock WRX should sound like from inside the car and it ain't that

Yamauchi in an interview said that the sounds in the game are straight recordings. They did nothing to the audio, and that what you are hearing is what they recorded.

Which is why I brought up the part about what a recording picks up and what YOU actually hear. Yes, in person the car sounds better than a recording, and will always sound better unless a sound design team takes those recordings and "doctors" them up to match the experience one would have if they were standing next to the car. The latter is what Yamauchi said they did not do, and is why the cars sound like they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Except their recordings don't translate through speakers into realistic sounds. They are lacking in all sorts of depth and bass which you'd get from the actual car. It doesn't matter how well they recorded the sounds, the playback is complete crap.

Yes, I know, that is what I said ;)

Yamauchi in an interview said that the sounds in the game are straight recordings. They did nothing to the audio, and that what you are hearing is what they recorded.

Which is why I brought up the part about what a recording picks up and what YOU actually hear. Yes, in person the car sounds better than a recording, and will always sound better unless a sound design team takes those recordings and "doctors" them up to match the experience one would have if they were standing next to the car. The latter is what Yamauchi said they did not do, and is why the cars sound like they do.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I know, that is what I said ;)

He's trying to sell a game, he's hardly going to come out and say yeah we know they sound crap we used a vacuum cleaner. Half the cars don't even sound remotely like the real thing, no amount of 'real recording' explains it