Gran Turismo 6

Looks like shit, sounds like shit.

Do not want!

Rumor: Isle of Man TT Course Considered for Gran Turismo 7
July 18th, 2014 by Jordan

A ?team of programmers from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe? are reportedly on the Isle of Man, studying the famous TT Race circuit which stretches over 37.73 miles across public roads on the island.

The report comes from Bike Sports News magazine, who claims a source from the Isle of Man?s tourism department informed them that Sony are considering the track for inclusion in Gran Turismo 7 on the PlayStation 4.

A ?deal? has yet to be struck, however, which would indicate SCEE is in the very early stages of negotiating track licensing and the ultimate future of the track in GT7 is still uncertain.

At over 37 miles in length, modeling a track at the scale of the Snaefell Mountain Course would be a significant accomplishment for Polyphony Digital, and the longest track in any Gran Turismo game to date. By comparison, the Nurburgring 24h circuit is 15.5 miles, and the upcoming GT6 track based around Zahara de la Sierra, Spain is expected to be 16.7 miles.

Regardless, the most interesting (and obvious) point to note is that the Isle of Man TT is the most historic and famous motorcycle race in the world. Although cars occasionally run the circuit for exhibition or record-breaking attempts, the race and the course is almost exclusively associated with motorcycles, and will likely fuel new speculation about Polyphony?s plans to include them in GT7.

This would not be unprecedented: back in 2006, Polyphony Digital released Tourist Trophy for the PlayStation 2, a motorcycle game built upon GT4?s game engine. Later that year, Gran Turismo HD was revealed at E3, and famously showcased both types of vehicles side-by-side, though bikes have since been absent from the world of Gran Turismo.

Thanks to @naidsy for the tip!

UPDATE: GTPlanet users who live on the Isle of Man are reporting that a Gran Turismo team was spotted at the airport. Police have also informed local residents that this service vehicle would be driven slowly around the circuit over the next two weeks by ?Japanese technicians?.

awesome...if they ever get it done that is...

they should bring this to gt6 to make up for delaying so many promised features for so long, otherwise i'll have to buy a ps4 just for gt7. :(

I'd rather them focus on making it look as good as possible for GT7 rather than "good enough for the PS3 to handle".

Is the "record your journey with GPS" track creator still supposed to be coming to GT6 or has this been ditched?

Is the "record your journey with GPS" track creator still supposed to be coming to GT6 or has this been ditched?

Kaz said on his Reddit AMA that it's in the Beta stage now. Hopefully it'll be added sometime before the next century. :|

Last edited:
The new time rally mode is the most arcadey thing I've seen PD do. It's hilarious. :lol: It bothers me that SRF is forced on though...

The new time rally mode is the most arcadey thing I've seen PD do. It's hilarious. :lol: It bothers me that SRF is forced on though...
SRF?

Skid Recovery Force, an aid designed to help less experienced players. Stops the understeer from building up too much. IIRC they force it on for the licence tests too, but for some reason it's never bothered me too much until now... :/

?I see. Thanks.

Anyone had any issues with update? Mine errored out towards the end and I fell asleep before second attempt finished.

Mine took AGES but went out without any problems.

Also, the custom gauges are TERRIBLY RICEY. :lol:

It must have worked last night, as I had no issues playing today. I really like that new track.

Yeah, I laughed a lot when I started the first one up... It's fantastically retro, one might assume that someone has set up a Sega Rally machine in the PD offices.

The SRF is annoying, but the event is great fun despite that.

Sierra has been frustration-city for me....trying to get the lap done without contact is mighty difficult when the AI cars switch lanes when you're alongside and you lose your combo bonus :shakefist:

Sierra has been frustration-city for me....trying to get the lap done without contact is mighty difficult when the AI cars switch lanes when you're alongside and you lose your combo bonus :shakefist:

The first one with the 500 was easy. Second try and I got around 1,300,000 points.

The others, not so much. I agree with you, the AI deliberately changes lanes and brakes so that they can block you. Very annoying.

You don't need a perfectly clean lap to clear the events. I don't think any of mine were perfect, there was at least one collision penalty on each of them.

And yes, you need to be careful around the AI cars as they tend to some unexpected moves on some of the straights. Just keep your distance.