Gran Turismo PSP

The dealers are in a set order, i dont know the order though.
I just checked. I'm incidently on cycle #1, and the 120d comes up on cycle #28, which means advancing 56 days. Sorry, can't be bothered to do that. Any other car I'd love to participate, and I will buy a 120d should I come across it, but right here and now ... sorry!

Done!

My first time with the Megane is an 8:39.832

Gearbox: MT
Tires: R3/R3
TCS: off
ACS: off
Active steering: off
Physics: standard

I assume clean laps (no wall touching, always two tires on the track) is a given? We don't need to follow it religiously, but one should not cut corners and ride walls, right?

^
Yeah, think thats a given it is the 03 Megane right? If not i've bought the wrong one.

Errrrmmm I think so ... is there more than one model? It's a 2.0l 16V, that I know...

My Megane one 9'18'789... i think i left the handbrake on all the way round. :blink:

Gearbox: AT
TCS: 5
ACS: On
Active Steering: Strong
Physics: Standard

Thats an appalling time.

Last edited:
My Megane one 9'18'789... i think i left the handbrake on all the way round. :blink:

Thats an appalling time.

Yup.

(at work right now so I can't post a time yet)

Last edited:
^
Ok

Megane: 9'02'364... still not great.

TCS: Off
ACS: Off

ok well I forgot that I had to empty my PSP's stick for data storage use a while back.... files backed up on a friend's laptop. Luckily I got my save game from him but I have a digital copy of the game so gotta redownload that (too big to transfer peer-to-peer).

I don't have the 120d but I do have the 120i, I think the two might actually be quite comparable...

9'06.xxx

8'47.835
TCS: 0
ACS: Off
Active Steering: Non
Physics: Professional

There's quite a big gap between driver aids enabled and driver aids disabled :-D

I always play disabled. Everything is set up now, I'll do some runs.

EDIT:

first run in a 120d: 9:07.337 :( I'm a bit rusty

Wait, wait wait. You people used R3? That was on S3!!!! Going again on Rs :p

Ha ok then 120d, time trial, 'ring... gentlemen start your engines.
I started with the 1.

My time with a very scuffy and bored lap time of 9'07'745 (It barely hits 100MPH)
AT
R3/R3
ACS: on
Strong
Standard

Not sure what you're on about, it pushes 130 in a couple places.

Anyway,

BMW 120d:
8'33.724
R3/R3
Active Steering: off

Personally I prefer to use S3 on road cars.

BMW 120i:
8'42.745
R3/R3

Surprised myself on this one, the 120i really felt lighter and more nimble. I guess it just has that much less grunt, or maybe I didn't drive as well (it takes me like 10 tries to get a clean lap)

And finally, the Megane (2.0 16v 2003):
8'54.784
R3/R3
All aids off, pro physics.

Last edited:
^
Don't forget i had everything on, only in 2 places did it go maybe 115.

i'll try the megane later with Interceptors settings.

I gave a try!

BMW 120i
R3/R3

Time - 8.53.563 (Mind you its my first try and I was all over the place :lol:)

And what are you guys on about 120i does not do above 120? It does 205!....Oh mph...nvm :p

I also just bought a BMW M5, so I can have a go in that!

Didn't realize interceptor was using standard physics, I don't know the difference as I have never not done professional...

We should stick to one physics (standard I suppose) because it alters the possible laptimes greatly.

C'mon, it's a driving simulator, professional all the way :p

But yes, we should probably try to keep settings consistent. Though if you want to slow yourself down with driving aids that's you're own choice :p

Anyway, my vote for settings across the board is driving aids off, active steering off (though this is preference), professional physics, and S3 tires for road cars (R3 for race cars). We should probably leave this up to the challenger (Aston Martin) though. We should also probably decide on a single car :lol:

Ok 'official rules'

Transmission: Any.
S3/S3................ R3/R3 for race cars.
TCS: Off.
ACS: Off.
Active Steering: Off.
Physics: Standard.

Last edited: