No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

cheapest midnight launch i've found is $93 K-mart (i might swing down there later tonight)

K-mart burwood is 24 hours

me and my brother might head down to k-mart tonight just so we don't have to deal with little kiddies tomorrow morning

me and my brother might head down to k-mart tonight just so we don't have to deal with little kiddies tomorrow morning
I really hope they don't have the TV cameras at the midnight launch where I'm going. I usually laugh at people who do the whole midnight launch thing but now I'm doing it :lol:

Mine has been dispatched, so tomorrow after school i'll have it! :D

Enjoy everybody!!! I just unlocked the third island, did tons of missions, some are terribly hard (three leaf clover, snow storm, i.e.) but always fun to retry.
Played 16 hours so far, says GTA, and did 34% of the game. I don't know if its only the Story, or everything there is, but I got tons more fun ahead of me!

Enjoy everybody!!! I just unlocked the third island, did tons of missions, some are terribly hard (three leaf clover, snow storm, i.e.) but always fun to retry.
Played 16 hours so far, says GTA, and did 34% of the game. I don't know if its only the Story, or everything there is, but I got tons more fun ahead of me!

That's of everything. The fastest guys at the studio got the 100% completion time down to 17 hours something. Crazy how efficient some of them got when they'd played it hundreds of times through.

That's of everything. The fastest guys at the studio got the 100% completion time down to 17 hours something. Crazy how efficient some of them got when they'd played it hundreds of times through.

No thats not amazing, thats just sad. How little of a life must you have to find achievement in sitting in front of a TV for days on end, just playing this game. It takes ALL the fun out of it. And I'm certainly not impressed by it. They are just plain weird.:|

No thats not amazing, thats just sad. How little of a life must you have to find achievement in sitting in front of a TV for days on end, just playing this game. It takes ALL the fun out of it. And I'm certainly not impressed by it. They are just plain weird.:|

All he's saying is, the developers know the game better than anyone else. Should that come as a surprise, considering they made it..

You should be more worried if developers don't know games well. Every good developer starts out with the same thing; a passion for games.

What's the feel of the game? Still very arcade like 3D GTA's of old? The trailers make it seem more like a simulation like Driver or something.

Let's talk story here. I was just about to stop an NPC from killing his wife. I actually thought "I'll not allow him to do this. He's insane" This is GTA. What's going on?

Seriously, I love how they put the violence into context. In that regard it isn't like any previous installment. You're actually immersed in the world and don't feel like some random thug out to kill for no reason. So far I didn't even go on a killing spree out of boredom and I'm 16 hours into the game.

I have my shipping notification from Amazon. Should be in my hands by noon tomorrow :-D. I've seen most of the online content about it and it looks like an awesome game. I can't wait to play it :-D

...it's their job. If they didn't do it they'd get sacked.