No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

Only 2 hours to go for me ;-)

// ^ edit: Nice to see a fellow bavarian!

2 Hours? Why? Does Germany get it before the rest of the world or something? :lol:

On a lighter note I have now preordered it for ?36.99! Can't afford the special edition atm.

Had the last test for 2,5 months today, was praying for it to be available when I came home, and it was... Nice.
Played 2.5 hours so far. I really dig the humor, drunk driving is hilarious, gameplay is as it has been with some tweaks, like better fist combat and stuff. But then I never played GTA on a console.
While I read somewhere that it "installs" on your HDD, it didn't ask me to do so, but I think that up until the first savepoint I "lost" about 500MB of capacity (when it asks you where top save), so the game may do that stuff incremently (word, sp???)

Dunno about the graphics, it seem to vary quite a bit, but then I haven't set the brightness + contrast just right, I reckon. We'll gonna wait for your thoughts...

When is the PC port of GTA IV coming out? I might be slightly interested. Got two games from the series, but I haven't played them for ages.

6-12 months

When is the PC port of GTA IV coming out? I might be slightly interested. Got two games from the series, but I haven't played them for ages.

I dont think a PC version has been announced yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong!), but if it's anything like the previous games, then Lilleput is right. 6-12 months for a guess.

I dont think a PC version has been announced yet (someone correct me if I'm wrong!), but if it's anything like the previous games, then Lilleput is right. 6-12 months for a guess.

You are correct on both counts. GTA3 PC came out 6-12 months after the PS2 version, and GTA:VC PC & Xbox came out 6 months after the PS2 version. No PC version is currently announced, but after such stunning ports like Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six Vegas, and DiRT, I'm afraid as to what it will look like.

The Assassin's Creed and DiRT port wasn't too bad, as long as you have a Nvidia 8800 series card. I think by the time I build my next rig it should run GTA4 very nicely.

Yah, me too. Already got the gfx card for the job. :thumbup:

Quiky's having a fit on irc while playing it, looks good so far

Well, I had decided to put off a PS3, but I'm thinking of getting one again now that this is out and since Quiky is having so much fun.

I can't wait a full year for GTA4 for the PC. :(

I preordered the special edition, not sure when it will arrive. My question is if I should get the Dualshock 3...? I don't really use my PS3, and right now this would be the only game I play on it.

Dear god the game is BIG.

Hooo-yeah!

It's fantastic- the cars are attracted to killing people and smashing into things. Attempting to do j-turns and emergency stops and I end up killing the person I was trying to avoid. <_<

Bought a 360 yesterday and pre-ordered the game (thanks for the link Speedtouch).

Fuck it. I just bought a PS3. :|

Well - nice one Viper...!
But... :( Feeling left out now... hearing all kinds of reports on it (all positive obviously) and sorely tempted myself. After GTA3, VC and SA on a housemates PS2, it may finally be time for me to buy a console...

It's going to be hard, but i'll wait for the pc version.

Hold me.... :(

It's going to be hard, but i'll wait for the pc version.

Hold me.... :(

Awwww... come over here Ice. We can sob over it together...
Lit by the glow from the screen of my MacBook Pro... :)

To be honest, I'm now really tempted to get a PS3 - dunno if I want to build a new gaming PC... (given my last one went up in smoke!)