Grand Theft Auto Online

The online system is both buggy and badly designed. You have to load single player to play in a private session and even then half the time it breaks. The voice chat likes to forget that I have it set to friends only as well.

The online system is both buggy and badly designed. You have to load single player to play in a private session and even then half the time it breaks. The voice chat likes to forget that I have it set to friends only as well.

It's possible to join a private lobby from a public one. Load the creator, then pause -> Online -> Invite-only or Solo. On PC at least, it defaults to the Invite-only option, but the text description is for jumping into a public lobby, so I have to first hover over any other option and then back to invite-only to actually put me in one.

So I was playing in a free-mode lobby and there was a guy trolling people with the Hydra. I was flying a Buzzard at the time and decided to play a little game.

I went over near the Humane labs by the coast where there is that large cave. Having explored it before, I know that the Buzzard fits in there just fine. So I slowly hover in and wait. Sure enough, a Player-Helicopter icon on the map was too tempting for this Hydra pilot and so he starts flying towards me. The hilarious part is that he didn't understand that I was "underground" and I could hear and see him on radar doing a couple of cannon runs at the ground above me.

After the 3rd or 4th run, he finally figured out where I was and slowly hovered down towards the opening of the cave. I hit him with 1 missile and then just blasted the miniguns at his Hydra. I'm not sure if it was directly because of my deluge of munitions or a mistake on his part, but his plane was quickly in the sea and him quite dead, with my Buzzard completely unharmed. He respawned and took a couple shots at me with a sniper beyond my useful range, so I left the cave and flew away to pursue a bounty....

Labor Day Weekend Sales Plus Bonus GTA$ & RP in GTA Online: September 4th ? 7th

actual_1441374539.jpg

Never ones to miss out on the chance to commandeer a holiday as an excuse for promotional discounts, the Los Santos Chamber Of Commerce is celebrating Labor Day in Southern San Andreas with a docket of new deals in GTA Online this weekend, along with bonuses on select recreational activities.

FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 4TH: ELITAS TRAVEL LABOR DAY SALE
For all weekend jet setters, the online leader in executive aviation sales is offering a 25% discount on all aircraft and sponsoring 2X RP & GTA$ payouts on all Air Races and Parachuting Jobs for aerial thrill-seekers.

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH: LEGENDARY MOTORSPORT LABOR DAY SALE
On Saturday, the purveyors of high-performance vehicles are slashing prices across virtually their entire inventory by 25%, and also staking 2X RP & GTA$ payouts for all Land Races.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH: DOCKTEASE LABOR DAY SALE
Whether it's a leisurely sail off the coast of Chumash you're after or a speedboat to draw stares from Vespucci Beach, the boat of your dreams is 25% off this Sunday at Docktease. And if competitive watersports are more your thing, take advantage of 2X RP & GTA$ payouts for all Sea Races.

MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7TH: WARSTOCK CACHE & CARRY LABOR DAY SALE
Cap off the long weekend with some urban warfare compliments of Warstock Cache & Carry. All day Monday, get 25% off their entire stock and earn 2X RP & GTA$ payouts in all Deathmatches.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...weekend-sales-plus-bonus-gta-rp-in-gta-online

The GTA Online Freemode Events Update Coming Next Week September 15th: Watch the New Trailer

Freemode Events in Grand Theft Auto Online are a new advancement in open world gameplay, giving players access to a range of seamlessly integrated games and challenges in GTA Online?s Freemode. Taking full advantage of the latest generation of consoles and PC hardware, there are no menus, lobbies, or load times ? just an open Freemode session filled with Friends, Crewmates, rivals, and randoms where spontaneous and chaotic new games and challenges will appear.

One of these events can kick off at any given moment while in Freemode, and you can customize your session to decide exactly which ones will happen ? so you can play as much or as little of this new content as you like. With countless variations on each Freemode Event, there are tons of unique new experiences, each offering new opportunities for reaping GTA$ and RP in GTA Online.

Feeling locked and stocked? Look out for King of the Castle ? an every man for himself turf war where you?ll need to ascend and claim the designated ?castle? as your territory ? and then fend off everyone else as they go all out to dethrone you. Form fragile alliances and work together in modes like Hunt the Beast, where one volunteer is temporarily transformed into a faster, stronger, beastly character who must escape relentless pursuers. Freemode Events also take the shape of insane stunt challenges, such as popping the longest wheelie, catching the most air in a land vehicle, or performing the most near misses in a vehicle without crashing.

Also included with next week's update are two brand new Adversary Modes. First, Hunting Pack: you?re part of a team tasked to deliver a priority vehicle rigged to explode if it drops below a minimum speed, while your opponents race, ram and batter to take it down. Or try Cross the Line, where heavily-armed squads face off across a neutral zone ? with the goal of having all team members strategically penetrate their opponents territory to claim victory. The Freemode Events Update also brings the Rockstar Editor to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One with new features (also being added for current PC users as well) such as an ambient audio and sound effects library, Snapmatic integration, Director Mode updates and more.

Get ready for Freemode Events coming next week Tuesday.
For more info make sure to check out today?s previews at IGN and other gaming sites online:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/freemode-events-are-gta-onlines-biggest-change-since-heists
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/10/how-gta-online-has-changed-rockstar-north

To @irockjays81 @Eliorgez2312 and others asking about new cars, clothes and other items - we?re definitely working on more vehicles among other things for you to collect for future updates ? please make sure to stay tuned here at the Newswire for more info about that soon.

To @R_Healey @LuisASantiagoM and others asking, the Freemode Events Update is only for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. As we?d mentioned previously in our Asked & Answered series here at the Newswire (http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...swered-the-rockstar-editor-gta-online-updates), future content updates like this one would only be possible on the newer and more powerful systems.

Stay tuned for more info on Freemode Events next week!

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...nline-freemode-events-update-coming-next-week

Is that how they're trying to get people to go online again?

Is that how they're trying to get people to go online again?

I'm not big into lowriders, but the level of customization and detail is impressive. And it looks like there is going to be some more gameplay to go along with it.

I'm not big into lowriders, but the level of customization and detail is impressive.

It is, but what killed Online for me was the grind. If this is more of the same, I'm likely to skip it and await the new RCT in December.

It is, but what killed Online for me was the grind. If this is more of the same, I'm likely to skip it and await the new RCT in December.

The game hasn't felt like as much of a grind since they changed the payout system for contact missions. The longer the mission takes you, the more you get paid. That helped a lot. Nowadays I'll jump into a simple Gerald mission solo and just mess around, taking my time, and have fun.

I've heard that online heists are a good way to make money, but I assume that's if you have a good group of friends to play with. Trying to do them with random idiots was intolerable. I've never completed a single heist. And I'm not going to try. :p

I've heard that online heists are a good way to make money, but I assume that's if you have a good group of friends to play with.
It's a must. Communication is essential as well, me and my mates use TeamSpeak.

We play everything on the hard difficulty and aren't exactly pro gamers so it took us many, many attempts to finish even the first heist. On one occasion everything had gone perfectly, I'd flown the plane away from the prison and evaded the police choppers with "Danger Zone" playing on the radio, it was rad as fuck. Then, right at the last minute as were parachuting down to the chopper to end the job, one of my mates went in too fast and hit a rock, instant death and a failed heist.
There was a moment of shocked silence and then a roar of "what the fuck?", "who died?", "Aaaaaaaaaaargh, what'd you do?". Shit was hilarious.

Looks like a full fledged Halloween update is to be released next week, October 27th. Tons of masks, face paints, and a couple new vehicles. A new hearse and this thing:

rose_halloween.jpg

There is also a ton of audio files with names like "female screams, creatures, dogs, and dripping faucets" so there may be a total atmosphere change for the whole map, which would be awesome.

ZNEotHpEYEG6mXZ4Y0gN_w_0_0.jpg

Why, why is this a thing?

So, there is now snow in the city. I guess because it's Rockstar's way of saying it's Christmas?

Finally :D was waiting for this. Snow dooriiftoooo :)

I totally forgot it's not just aesthetic, so when I logged in to buy a yacht, I promptly drove my Kuruma off a cliff in the mountain roads. Then I picked up snowballs and chucked them at random pedestrians.