Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

Is this the first game ever to have a genuine 3 tier platform support?

As in
1: PC Master Race
2: Current Generation Console (PS4)
3: Last Generation Console (PS3)

Probably not, but its an interesting thought. :p

I'll take that as a positive, since it ups the chances my PC can play it and mods will have "corrected" that by the time I get a new one.

Yeah my hardware is not brand new either, so I don't totally mind. Just considering how much the graphical fidelity on new gen/PC is hyped, I think its quite disappointing.

Meh, I don't care particularly much whether or not it looks amazing - so long as it looks decent (which it seems to) and doesn't have terrible texture pop-in (I'm looking at you, GTA IV), I'll be a happy camper. GTA is all about the silly gameplay, after all :D

I do wonder if my laptop will be able to run it, after all it struggled with GTAIV, but that's not saying much. First, I need to find 65GB of space...

Will there be a way to transfer my savegame from PS3 to PC?

No, but you can copy your online character. It'll be exactly like PS3 -> PS4.

I'm looking at the buygamecode.com order page and the rockstar social club code redeem page, but can't put the two together for another week. :(

I preordered a phyiscal copy, so I..

a) have to wait
b) will most definitely dig out ye olde USB-bluray instead of downloading 60 fucking gigabytes.

I preordered a phyiscal copy, so I..

a) have to wait
b) will most definitely dig out ye olde USB-bluray instead of downloading 60 fucking gigabytes.

So it's like 6 or 7 DVDs for this game? Damn.

What's the big deal about downloading 60 GB though? Only took me about 80 minutes. :?

Yeah I find it less hassle to download a 60gb game than install from disks. Set it and go do something else.
Off work for weeks so I'll be able to dive in to GTA:O properly from a retail perspective for once \o/

With my interenet connection it'd take apr. 10-11 full hours to download at theoretical max speed, which realistically means it's gonna be more like 12-16hrs. I don't know how many DVDs or BRs its gonna have, but its likely to be much faster installed either way ;).

Also, still not totally convinced that the UK shop still knows of my preorder from september 2013.. we'll see when or if I get the game :mrgreen:

It started pre-loading yesterday. Everyone has a week to download it :p