Grand Theft Auto V: PC Edition

I'll chuck in a pre-order at some point. I haven't played GTA for about a year now, a little bit of a longer wait will only make it more special when it does arrive. :)

After the clusterfuck that was the GTA IV PC release, it's not exactly wise to preorder this. But I figured, I'm probably going to buy it for full price at some point anyway, so might as well do it now. At least there's a chance it's good.

Seriously fuck them. It's beyond obvious they're milking GTA V as hard as they can across all the platforms.

How the hell is delaying the game milking it?

If anything you should be glad that they seem to working hard on making the PC version worthwhile. I get that there are PC gamers shouting "GTA was originally a PC franchise!" and getting annoyed that they have to wait, but you can't seriously get annoyed by 2 more months if it means getting a game that actually works. They don't postpone these things just for the hell of it.

But yeah, if you want to further exacerbate the situation of developers releasing halfway broken games, then by all means, continue complaining about delays.

Normally I absolutely despise pre-orders but even if it runs like shit and is buggy, I can live with it while they fix it. This game is just too damn fun.

Pre-ordered on Steam. Can't wait! :)

I wouldn't go anywhere near a pre-order if I'd be wantin to buy it right now.. but thats easy to claim while having it preordered 1.5 years ago.. ;)

I put it on my wishlist. Will get it when its 50% off or more :)

Pre-ordered it yesterday. I don't own any consoles, so I've been waiting for a very long time to give Rockstar my money! So long as it isn't an optimization disaster like IV was, I think I'm going to be a very happy camper. :D

However, I don't need the San Andreas pre-order bonus (already have a copy), so if anyone on Steam wants a free copy of GTA:SA, drop me a PM!

So long as it isn't an optimization disaster like IV was
My biggest fear despite all claims.. ;).

However, I don't need the San Andreas pre-order bonus (already have a copy), so if anyone on Steam wants a free copy of GTA:SA, drop me a PM!

There is such a thing? If so, I have that probably spare too.. I got SA somewhere in a corner as an analog copy..

My biggest fear despite all claims.. ;).

I'm a little concerned as well, mostly because even though I still managed to enjoy IV, I paid a lot less for it - the entire GTA bundle on Steam (GTA 1, 2, 3, VC, SA, IV, and EFLC) cost me $20 or so, versus $70 to pre-order V. But Rockstar has gotten so much right with V that I guess I'm just hoping they get this right too.

There is such a thing? If so, I have that probably spare too.. I got SA somewhere in a corner as an analog copy..

Any pre-orders before February 1st are supposed to receive it. You should find it in your Steam inventory.

I paid 50 EUR retail for GTA4 and I regret every cent. The game was and is a fucking mess, I never finished it or got even close to that.

I did not preorder GTA5 via Steam but via a UK retailer. Back in september 2013, heavily discounted along with the console versions, for like 25 GBP.

I paid 50 EUR retail for GTA4 and I regret every cent. The game was and is a fucking mess, I never finished it or got even close to that.

No joke. It was atrociously buggy and unoptimized. The fact that it had like 3-4 layers of DRM didn't exactly help. I too paid full price on release for it. :cry:
I did finish it, and proceeded to ignore all the DLC that they released on top of that turd.

Last edited:
That's unfortunate, the DLC was better than the original (or at least the second one was). Got it on sale for like $5.

I arguably liked the Gay Tony GTA4 DLC (Yusuf FTW :lol: )more than vanilla GTA4... :blink:

Might pre-order this, although I'm away when it's released and I only have access to a crappy laptop.

Last edited:
Screw the standard game, the main reason I'll be buying it is for the inevitable mods. I hope these will still exist, some of the GTAIV ones were great. Snow mod FTW!

9687_1.jpg

...the main reason I'll be buying it is for the inevitable mods.

Pretty much the same reason I'm buying it for PC. Already finished the main story line on the 360...

I, too, have gotten a lot of GTA games via Steam sales, especially IV plus all DLC for pretty much nothing, loved playing all of them - even IV, compared to when it was released it. Was nice to play it again and actually be able to enjoy it.

Not sure if I should pre order it... I really don't like this at all. And I swore to myself, since BF4 this is never going to happen again, ever. But... this is Rockstar, I loved every GTA game they made, there's not really a bad one (not even close) and with them actually putting a lot of effort in the PC version I think it really might be worth it.
Especially since I want to play a lot of GTA Online with my friends, where I could get a million ingame Dollar for preordering it. That's a lot of money ingame... And I'm also thinking of buying an actual physical copy, which is something I thought I'd never do again in my life. But I just want it for my shelf, in case it really becomes a master piece. When playing it over at friends on their console, it was huuuge fun.

Oh, and anyone up for a FinalGear PC gang?