Grand Theft Auto V

Tbh I can't help but feel if somebody was going to go to the effort to leak the map they'd make it decent quality...

Any information on multiplayer? GTA 4 multiplayer has been my PS3 staple for quite some time now. My friend and I would spend hours on it at a time and it would never get boring.

Tbh I can't help but feel if somebody was going to go to the effort to leak the map they'd make it decent quality...

Mr. Blurry cam strikes again!

Well he did say he was "leaving" (getting fired maybe?), so maybe he took a quick phone pic of a dev's computer screen and leaked it before he "left"? :dunno:

Any information on multiplayer? GTA 4 multiplayer has been my PS3 staple for quite some time now. My friend and I would spend hours on it at a time and it would never get boring.

Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.

A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19471/grand-theft-auto-v-official-announcement.html

It rarely works.

The leaked pics, if you remember Rockstar used to post on one of the GTA forums and would write things like "I've seen the Rockstar guys in NYC heres what i've seen..."

I'm not sure what to make of that map, realy can't make anything out (atleast I can't) , but the countryside looks rather small.

Yeah, that map would leave a lot to be desired. If they can't handle more than 1 large city, the least they can do is add lots of open areas, like mountains and deserts, with a few small towns here and there.

Bear in mind that the current generation of consoles is at the very edge of what they can handle, the next gen might be able to handle several cities worth of area but we'll have to wait and see. Also, if R* are still using the same engine then there is a high probability of a huge game simply to show off on the new hardware.

Also SA was the 3rd game using the RenderWare engine, the last game to use it and the most impressive technologically. V is currently the 2nd using the new RAGE/Euphoria system, not sure if we can expect a similar pattern but hopefully we will and the 3rd RAGE based release will be massive and insane. :D

Bear in mind that the current generation of consoles is at the very edge of what they can handle, the next gen might be able to handle several cities worth of area but we'll have to wait and see. Also, if R* are still using the same engine then there is a high probability of a huge game simply to show off on the new hardware.

It's a shame that games are so limited by console hardware, PCs can handle so much more and yet because the money's all in the consoles, not very many games push their limits.

I actually wouldn't mind that leaked map, it looks extremely dense, but I'm not so sure it's real. The darkness of the map doesn't seem to fit the colourful environment that the trailer laid out for GTA V, but I suppose that doesn't necessarily mean much.

It's a shame that games are so limited by console hardware, PCs can handle so much more and yet because the money's all in the consoles, not very many games push their limits.

Always the way, when a console is first released it provides a great gaming platform with graphical powers at considerably less cost than an equivalent PC but it starts getting out-classed pretty fast. And there isn't much of a market of PC exclusives either, then you get the awful ports, like GTA IV that are just awfully optimised.

Bear in mind the PS2 lasted from 2000 until 2006, the PS3 is set to also last 6 years before it's successor is released. 6 years is a HUGE amount of time in game development, just look a the difference between GTA III and SA, 2001 - 2004 was a massive improvement in graphical terms alone, Hell GTA IV only came out 2 years after the PS2 was replaced (but still in production), can you imagine GTA IV running on a PS2?! :lol:

I tend to continuously upgrade my PC part by part so the greater cost is split over a long time frame, next thing is a new processor/motherboard... I'm think of jumping from a dual core straight to an i7, very pricey but it'll kick a consoles arse! :D (although GTA IV will probably still run like shit :lol:)

Also SA was the 3rd game using the RenderWare engine, the last game to use it and the most impressive technologically. V is currently the 2nd using the new RAGE/Euphoria system, not sure if we can expect a similar pattern but hopefully we will and the 3rd RAGE based release will be massive and insane. :D

Wouldn't V be the fourth game to use the engine? I thought Table Tennis was the first (essentially a tech demo), then GTAIV, then Red Dead Redemption, and now onto V. Unless you just mean 2nd GTA this generation to use it.

Wouldn't V be the fourth game to use the engine? I thought Table Tennis was the first (essentially a tech demo), then GTAIV, then Red Dead Redemption, and now onto V. Unless you just mean 2nd GTA this generation to use it.

I was just meaning the GTA series as that is generally the R* showcase, and most popular, game.

I just don't see it. Which one is which again?