Grand Theft Auto V

You could try that, but the Liberty City of GTA III has nothing to do with the layout in GTA IV, so I wouldn't expect this to translate either.

They also show Vinewood, which IIRC is in Las Venturas. So that's two cities possibly confirmed?

Vinewood is GTA's depiction of Hollywood.

Vinewood_Sign.jpg

hollywood-sign-address.jpg

;)

Also, if has been confirmed that the location is "Los Santos and surrounding areas" (unlikely that there will be 3 big cities like in SA):

RockStar Confirms GTA V Locations Details

RockStar officially confirms GTA V set in San Andreas city of Los Santos and surrounding area
November 3, 2011
by IGN Staff

Yesterday we saw the GTA V trailer - today we're getting some extra information. Take-Two has issued a statement on Grand Theft Auto V's location and status.

Announcing that the game is "in full development," the game's publisher confirmed that GTA V would take place in "the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches." The firm said the game is "the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created".

Los Santos is one of three cities located in GTA's fictional West Coast state of San Andreas, featured in 2004's Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

Sam Houser, founder of Rockstar said, "Grand Theft Auto V is another radical reinvention of the Grand Theft Auto universe. We are incredibly excited to share our new vision with our fans."

The release continues, "A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present-day Southern California. Rockstar Games pioneered the open world genre with the Grand Theft Auto series, one of the most successful entertainment properties of all time. With more than 114 million copies sold-in worldwide, Grand Theft Auto games have helped propel video games into the cultural mainstream. Grand Theft Auto V is the follow up to 2008's record-breaking, critically-acclaimed Grand Theft Auto IV. Rockstar Games continued its tradition of award-winning open world games with the 2010 blockbuster Western, Red Dead Redemption, and the groundbreaking detective thriller L.A. Noire in 2011."

I'm guessing that they didn't build this city from scratch. Los Angeles was very well depicted in two previous RockStar games (L.A. Noire and Midnight Club: LA), so I think they borrowed some things from the maps of those games. :D

Last edited:
I'm kinda bummed that it isn't looking to be as epic as the last San Andreas. I thought for sure it would be massive and include multiple cities and the Vegas strip. Well, it still looks pretty damn diverse, so here's hoping.

I think it will include additional small towns, but I don't think they have the ability to to create something as big as TWO liberty-city sized cities for the current generation.

I think it will include additional small towns, but I don't think they have the ability to to create something as big as TWO liberty-city sized cities for the current generation.

Dammit, if only they'd make it for PC only!!! :)

It's impressive if it is only one city and yet still larger than San Andreas. I can't wait to fly that Jet full speed over the city :D

Hmm, I never liked Los Santos in San Andreas, I always stayed on the other two islands. I'm sure it'll be much better here though. :)

I liked GTA IV's Liberty City more than San Andreas. :dunno: It's just so much more detailed and felt alive.

San Andreas was massive and diverse. I never went to the left island on 4... only to steal that hidden Lexi-Bishi-WR-GTi thing.

Hmm, I never liked Los Santos in San Andreas, I always stayed on the other two islands. I'm sure it'll be much better here though. :)
Yeah, I didn't really like Los Santos either. I spent most of my time in San Fierro (San Francisco).

I liked GTA IV's Liberty City more than San Andreas. :dunno: It's just so much more detailed and felt alive.

GTA IV's rendition of Liberty City was beautiful. However, I didn't really like how small the map was compared to San Andreas.

I'm really hope V has a massive map to play in, and I don't care how many discs it comes with.

Those map pics might be fake, but they look VERY real (like he took the pics right off a dev's computer screen). :shock: