Greenpeace vs VW - Star Wars campaign "raped with a stick"

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
Yeah, ships always operate on maximum efficiency, like turbines. They just have "GO" and "OFF". Then again, the amount of fuel they use is gigantic, allthough quite little for what they actually do with it. The only problem is the completely unfiltered exhaust gases, they just blow everything into the enviroment.....

Ford Prefect

Car(s)
MINI, E30, GT86
Well yeah, there?s no doubt that the way they are operated is way more efficient. After all they just keep going more or less straight and at constant speed for weeks sometimes. I?m still a bit confused though about the figures I found. I was told (by someone I figured would know this stuff) that the only reason ships are so (relatively) cheap to power is because of the extreme cheapness of their fuel.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'19 BMW M240i
Their fuel is cheaper, that's true. Apparently a ton of bunker fuel in Rotterdam starts around $650. A ton of Diesel at car filling stations including taxes would be about $1700. That's not the only reason though, the main reason is that ships don't really care about their weight. Haul lots of stuff cheaply.

D-Fence

Mrs. IceBone
Car(s)
John Pooper Works
It all depends on what you burn, there are low sulphur and high sulphur fuels, some even run crude.....then again, I have no idea about ship fuels at all, it is quite confusing which fuel is what now. :)

Ford Prefect

Car(s)
MINI, E30, GT86
I?m confused about ship engines. Period. I tried to read into it a while back because I just really like anything with valves and pistons, but it?s all a bit confusing, so I left it at that.

AiR

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Bulgogi Knedliky 1.6 GDI (Hyundai i30)
It can and will start to happen when the countries that get deliveries from these ships starts to mandate upgrades to them. This has already started to happen in some places.
Nah they just switch to diesel when they get close to shore. Burns the regular stuff at sea.

GraemeH

Car(s)
Toyota Corolla, Lexus IS200, BMW E39 5 Series.
Hahaha. Lucasfilm just made up for the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

Topgearfanatic

is a Queen
Car(s)
2002 Audi A4 1.8t
Flagged it as promotes terrorism and thumbed it down, they don't know when to stop.

Electric-Mayhem

Car(s)
Subaru WRX Wagon, Toyota Pickup Rock Crawler
Is that how the first video was? Ugg.

Flagged it as Child Abuse and a definite thumbs down.

Eunos_Cosmo

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'84 Mazda RX7, '12 Mazda 2, '99 Porsche Boxster
Thumbs down and flagged. Greenpeace GTFO