GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2014

Four Five Eight

Car(s)
Audi A3 1.8t
Qualifying has just finished with Hamilton crashing out in Q1 Rosberg nailed pole position so he'll probably win unless one of the Williams gets a good start and a lot of luck Ferrari had a poor showing but better then Silverstone.
Kimi Raikkonen didn't even make Q3 but neither did Jenson Button.

Yeah I was rooting for Bottas to pip Nico at the line.

Starting from the pit lane, Lewis does have the advantage of being able to change his setup to tweak the car for the expected cooler temperatures. That being said, while he should be able to easily make the Top 10, I think he may have issues passing the Williams, the Red Bulls and Alonso so I expect he'll end the day a fair bit back in points to Nico.

So it's a Merc 1-2 with Rosberg in front this time.

So it's a Merc 1-2 with Rosberg in front this time.

You never know, Massa is in 3rd, maybe he can jump into... 2nd and stay there... until his pitstop where no doubt Williams will have pitstop practice for Bottas... any one of the 3 Mercedes powered cars could finish second or Lewis could spin off and crash again or breakdown. Or Alonso, he's good at starts unless he misses his start box again.

Interesting tidibits of info regarding brakes, their companies, and failures. I certainly did not know F1 drivers were big enough divas to make their team switch brake manufacturers.

Or not? Go Bottas... Too fast on the straights :D

Good scrap between Alonso and Ricciardo

A first for Mercedes this year a 3rd place finish.
And one more non points finish for the flying fin who isn't flying much these days.

Last edited:
It's a Finnish one two in Germany :D

Finnish f1 commentator has been sayin that when Rosberg is having good results he is Finnish and when he isnt he is German. Not anymore tho. :lol:
I personally dont rate him as a Finn at all.

Race was entertaining, with some nice fights. Too much hits I have to say. Looked a bit like a gp2 race. Merc is still too fast its not fun, but all in all good race!

I'm only messing :p

O rly? :lol:

Rosberg did say yesterday after qualy that there is 1.5 finns in front row. :D

Was it just me or did tyres on Ferrari wear too fast? Wasnt Alonso at two stopper first, but he had to take those supersofts late to make to the finish line? Not looking good...

thank Charley for his ban on the FRIC...

Very telling of just how dominant Mercedes are. Charlie will need to ban more than fric if he hopes to change a thing.

Happy to see Williams getting good results consistently, Bottas soaks up the pressure well and no tactical slip-ups this time.

Shame for Massa again, but it was a racing incident. The same thing could have easily happened later to Kyvat when he tried to take Perez, though given what happened later it didn't exactly end well for him anyway.

Massa should have left space in that corner, he can't expect to go for the apex from that position, in the first corner of the race. Massa needs to pull himself together, he's got the current second fastest car on the grid, and he's doing nothing with it.