Grosser Preis von ?sterreich 2014

I really hope this was a sign that Williams figured some shit out and they're running very close to Mercedes... and not a one off lucky race. After the monotone of the second half of 2013, and the monotone of the first half of 2014, if nothing happens in the second half this year I think that's enough for me.

I really hope this was a sign that Williams figured some shit out and they're running very close to Mercedes... and not a one off lucky race. After the monotone of the second half of 2013, and the monotone of the first half of 2014, if nothing happens in the second half this year I think that's enough for me.

Define what it would mean for something to happen cause the championship will likely to to either Rosberg or Lewis unless disaster strikes the team, Alonso and Riccardo are battling for 3rd so if they start winning a lot of races either of them could take the championship but they would have to be consistently in front of Mercedes for the rest of the season to do that.

Never underestimate disaster. Im not saying Williams challenging for the titles, that might be asking a little too much, but at least some good racing up at the front.

That being said, these engines are not the most reliable things in the world, and they are limited to 5 power units before penalties start being applied.

Also, double points for last Grand Prix.

Just a little excitement, that's all I want, even if its an illusion.

You've survived the monotone between 2000 and 2004. I think you'll manage ;)

You DO realise they still had TC back then? And your calling today's car (sans-TC) limp-wristed? :rofl:

You DO realise they still had TC back then? And your calling today's car (sans-TC) limp-wristed? :rofl:

I don't think that they are limp-wristed in any way... unfortunately, they sound limp-wristed compared to the V8s and V10s. The sound (or lack thereof) is what colors a lot of peoples opinions.

I actually am kinda liking seeing teams have to figure things out again, I just wish there weren't so damn many technology freezes and testing bans. Think what kind of car Ferrari or RBR could have right now if they were testing on their own tracks during the week, and could modify the engine. I just don't like seeing teams hamstrung from the get go, it makes for boring seasons... this applies to all the Vettel years also.

Last edited: