Ownership Verified: Growing up - Midnight Express - Audi A5 Coupé

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
As per my final post in the Saudi thread, here is the continuation of the story.

A stroke of luck, really. nicjasno and Tim already knew about my long standing desire to own an A5 coup? and while the Saudi was still being repaired, I was sent a car listing for one in Maribor by nicjasno. It was providence. Saudi was giving me all the signals our journey had come to an end and here was the car I've always wanted to have, wanting to be had. A 2007 in Deep Sea Blue with a 3.0 V6 TDI engine, quattro, bixenons and manual gearbox.

The next few days went by like a blur, but within a week I had arranged for a loan with the bank and we picked it up on 8th September. First stop was at a detailer for a thorough clean on the inside and a polish on the outside and then on the 13th I made the journey to Maribor by train for the last time.

Of course we did a small photoshoot in an abandoned industrial estate (as you do).

^click for a surprise

And lastly, proof pic:

It does still need a bit of TLC, which it will receive over the course of the year, but as it stands, I'm grinning like an idiot every time I sit behind the wheel. :mrgreen:

Last edited:

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Ever since it first came out. I fell in love and vowed to have one one day.

Der Stig

is Der Slut
DONOR
Car(s)
Too many and yet not enough
Awesome, one of the best coupe designs out there. Congrats! Can't wait for a spin at a future RingMeet. Time to smash the A4's lap records :evil:

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
It grips as well as it goes in a straight line. I thought I had something with the A4, but this is on a whole new level. :burnrubber:

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Well, a colloquial term for a car is "wheels" and it is blue, so... yay?

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Nissan Frontier Pro-4X & Altima
Awesome! Congratulations! I've always liked the looks of these, very handsome styling.

Adunaphel

KLAUWD
STAFF MEMBER
DONOR
Car(s)
'18 Clio; '13 Cube Hyde
Nice purchase, but I won't believe it's yours until the wheels are blue.

Perc

Very Odd Looking Vehicular Object
Car(s)
4x4 diesel barge
So this is why you wanted those SD cards. :p

Unexpected, but I'm still not surprised. Congrats!

leviathan

Snores like a puppy
DONOR
Car(s)
MX-5 NC, Model 3
This is awesome! Love that you found one exactly like you wanted - first gen, big diesel, manual, and it even has some blue on it. I also think the blue looks much nicer than mine did in black. Have fun with it, as you say, this is a whole another level from the FWD A4!

As to the surprise, it's amazing how easily that cover comes off, isn't it? :p

Mitchi

Sierras für alle!
DONOR
Ice, you sure know how to take a good car picture - these look great! Granted, that might also be because the car does look fantastic - congratulations. Nicely specced, too. Can't wait to see more on this. While it is not an S5, the V6 over the I4 must be plenty of fun. :) Any planned mods?