Ownership Verified: Growing up - Midnight Express - Audi A5 Coupé

No longer in front of the headlamps, then.

It's producing 236 hp, although there was also a 271 hp version in the A6. I have a feeling it's more on mine, but can't be sure until I Dyno it.

Remap! Remap! Remap! Remap!

In due time. It goes fast enough as is at the moment.

Nothing is ever fast enough. If it were then the land speed record would be stuck around 400km/h.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.....

Here's the difference between the B6 (red) and B8 (blue). They managed to move the drivetrain quite far back compared to the saudi, so there is much less weight in front of the front axle than before.

Yeah, I noticed that too from the picture nic posted. Looks like they managed to optimize their age-old layout a lot. I can't recall any other manufacturer these days that uses inline engines and has the front driveshafts directly connected to the gearbox.

Saab used to do it, but they turned the engine the other way around :lol:

Congrats Ice, now swap some recaros into it and a V8 :D

So they finally moved the steering rack to the bottom like literally everyone else, good job!

Not tampered with. I prefer "fettled" or "enhanced".

You don't need to pay for a dyno - 5 minutes at the wheel and I will be able to tell you if it's stock or augmented.

Last edited:
Not tampered with. I prefer "fettled" or "enhanced".

You don't need to pay for a dyno - 5 minutes at the wheel and I will be able to tell you if it's stock or augmented.

Or just look up how to switch maps from the more popular makers and see if it responds. When I did my tune I could go back to stock whenever I wanted with a certain sequence.

I feel like this warrants an avatar redesign.

Perhaps the blue should be on the outside now?

Maybe make the rings the same shade of blue as the car?

Last edited:
Avatar is fine but a new title may be required.

Avatar is fine but a new title may be required.

No, it is customary for hipsters to, once the thing they were hipster for became mainstream, drop it and then look down upon all the mainstream copycats mindlessly copying everyone else.

Apparently the latest thing for hipsters is exfoliating with pumice.

"I got into lava after it was cool."

Nice choice!

Another comparison between gearboxes:

My suggestion for the new avatar:

Last edited: