Ownership Verified: Growing up - Midnight Express - Audi A5 Coupé

Well, good thing I did go for the winter tyres as on the way back from Germany I was greeted by this fuckery:

nbZQSU7.jpg

The dpf is right after the turbo, so there can be quite a lot of exhaust shenanigans done.

Can we expect such shenanigans until next Ringmeet then? :)

Maaaaaaaaybe. At the moment I'm looking more into fixing up the blemishes first.

Went to the local shady paint shop guy for a quote. Bonnet and bumper full respray + fixing the scratches near the driver's door handle will cost me about tree fiddy. Dad just had the rear bumper on the Merc done and it looks factory good, so where as the price may be Eastern European, the quality sure isn't. There will be no paper trail, though.

Planned for some time in spring after they clear all the gravel off the roads. Don't need fresh scratches on days old paint.

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Went to the local shady paint shop guy for a quote. Bonnet and bumper full respray + fixing the scratches near the driver's door handle will cost me about tree fiddy. Dad just had the rear bumper on the Merc done and it looks factory good, so where as the price may be Eastern European, the quality sure isn't. There will be no paper trail, though.

Planned for some time in spring after they clear all the gravel off the roads. Don't need fresh scratches on days old paint.
clear bra the bumper and bonnet after paint?

Gunk!

Glad to see it clean.

Compiled a list of things I want to update/upgrade in the following year or two.

16jQiin.png

Priority can change, of course, especially for the subwoofer if my friend at the electronics shop can hook me up.

First drive in the proper snow. Was a nice learning experience. I didn't crash!

BsY5Wx2.jpg

YIm32LD.jpg

There was. Some understeering, but some correction with the gas pedal as well. Considering how low the visibility was and it being my first time, it was ok. Should find some unmolested parking lot or something.

So... decided to not go with the Fiscon bluetooth module and just upgrade the whole MMI to kill two birds with one stone. Nav + bluetooth + SDHC support.

sxIzIS5.jpg

Installation on the 5th, will do a vlog about it.

Looking forward to it. My dad has a 2013 A4 and he really wants CarPlay, and is bummed you can't replace the head unit like we did in my Miata or my mother's Outback.

This one won't get carplay as it's too early a model, a 2013 one as well. But I can ask the guy I got this from if it's possible to upgrade your dad's car to it and what the part numbers for the components are.