Ownership Verified: Growing up - Midnight Express - Audi A5 Coupé

Ah, bummer. B8 A4 has no OEM support for Carplay, so unless you go for something aftermarket like an Alpine X701D, you're out of luck.

Audi-A4-A5-Navigation-OEM-Original-Replacement-Radio-Installation-Kit-Interface-HDMI-DAB_-Flac-USB-SWRC-Bluetooth-X701D-A4R_01.jpg

Thanks for looking, dude. I appreciate it. Bummed for my Dad, too.

I have found a hacky way to set up a chromecast to display on the MMI, so you could do screen mirroring that way. :D

But there's no touchscreen support, so you'd still have to control it via the phone.

I'm thinking about hacking it in just so I can watch youtube or somesuch while stationary somewhere. Just for shits and giggles.

Well, let's get the MMI upgrade up and running first. :D

New custom plates are in!

EYFFGwi.jpg

If anyone gets the reference without googling (or having been told by me beforehand), they get an internet cookie!

Subtle - sealofapproval.jpg

Holy shit, forums? How do you do this again? :O

Anywho, in the meantime, no upgrades happened, but we did do a ringmeet!

Reactions: mjk
Was going to do a short update, but I see I missed a video, so here it is first:

Now for the other thing:

During the roadtrip my GPS was starting to fail more often than previously. Before I attributed occasional loss of signal to the weird positioning of the antenna (as the car didn't come with a GPS MMI from the factory, there is no shark fin), but it would seem I was just given a faulty one from the get go. It finally gave up the ghost en route to ringmeet with it failing to acquire signal ever since.

One ebay purchase, 5 minute install and 15 seconds of waiting later:

Uy0YZCv.png

Huzzah!

I'm thinking about installing the antenna in a more suitable (for the signal) location, which will require its own video. Right now it's in the same position as the old one (above the fuse box to the left of the main instrument panel).

Took delivery of these last week, we're installing them this Saturday and doing a little video, comparing them to xenecostarts that came with the car and have an unknown amount of hours on and the no-name brand 6000K bulbs I have in the car right now.

muk5bzt.jpg

Totally scientific and accurate.

I put D2S Osram Night Breaker Laser in the Mini to replace the tired 13 year old OEM Philips that were in there. At 70EUR a set an absolute bargain!

I put D2S Osram Night Breaker Laser in the Mini to replace the tired 13 year old OEM Philips that were in there. At 70EUR a set an absolute bargain!

Not only you ;). Told him to get these as well. So far, more than happy with them, now I just want to do this with some superbright LEDs, but sadly German TÜV says "NEIN DU VERRÜCKTER"

22153410033_large.jpg

Not only you ;). Told him to get these as well. So far, more than happy with them, now I just want to do this with some superbright LEDs, but sadly German TÜV says "NEIN DU VERRÜCKTER"

22153410033_large.jpg
Where's @_HighVoltage_ when you need him :roflmao:

22153410033_large.jpg

Extra driving lights should be legal in all of eu, no? Don’t know how useful they are in Germany with there being traffic all the time, though.
As for nightbreaker xenons, someone should do a scientific test comparing them to brand new normal bulbs from the same manufacturer.

22153410033_large.jpg

That's very sexy.

I have been thinking about getting the same "laser" branded LED bar that Adrian has on the Tesla. It would hide behind the grille very nicely, wiring might be a bigger problem, though.