GT Cruisers

GT Cruisers

• Bentley Continental GT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MercedesAMG

Which would you prefer? the luxurious Bentley Continental GT, or the Aston Martin DB9

an excerpt comparing the Bentley to the Aston in a recent Automobile Mag review:
The Continental GT's only real competitor in the mid-$100,000 grand touring coupe segment is the Aston Martin DB9. The DB9 feels more special inside, and it is more involving and fun to drive. The DB9's better weight distribution pays off in more neutral handling and faster responses in transitions. On paper, the Bentley should be much faster, what with its 100-horsepower power advantage. But look at curb weight figures and the Bentley's advantage is flipped on its back. The Bentley is a staggering 1375 pounds heavier than the Aston Martin. When power to weight ratios are compared, the DB9 is actually better by about 11 percent - a significant advantage. The Bentley can't catch up until it is well into triple-digit speeds, where only aerodynamic drag and power matter. The DB9 won't reach 200 mph (it tops out at 186 mph), but at speeds driven by all but the most flagrant flouters of US speed laws, it is the quicker car.

For me it's DB9 by a mile.
I dislike heavy cars (not that the DB9 is a featherweight), and I simply prefer the looks of it.

DB9 is so mmmmmmmm

i would have to disagree with the DB9 on this poll....i really like the look of the Bentley better and the inside is so much more luxerious and I prefer the big luxury sedans over the sport cars :twisted:

I plan to start an Aston Martin fund so that in 15-25 years I can buy a DB9.

Hopefully I wont be too old to enjoy it then (I'm 20 now).

I went for the DB9 Vote.

It's the best looking car in the world (except for the Ferrari 288GTO 8), but they don't make that any more) and it isn't "just" a rejigged VW.

i tink the db9's interior is way better than that of the Conti GT

i didnt like the DB7 much but the new sleak design on the DB9 and the nice train race convinced me to say...I'd take THE ASTON!
:)

DB9Vanquish said:
i would have to disagree with the DB9 on this poll....i really like the look of the Bentley better and the inside is so much more luxerious and I prefer the big luxury sedans over the sport cars :twisted:

lol coming from the one person with DB9 in their username lol

Not even a hesitation on my part - DB9 baby.

MercedesAMG said:
DB9Vanquish said:

lol coming from the one person with DB9 in their username lol

:shock: yeah WTF!

DB9Vanquish said:

Haha then you're the only one who voted for the Continental GT :wink:
I prefer the Aston, but the Continental GT is far more exclusive, have to testdrive them first :lol: