GT-R Evolution and TG test track

But seriously, this argument of console physcis vs. pc physics has gone on for a number of years, it will continue to go on for a number of years, the correct place is in the pub, so we will do the news....

+rep for whoever figures it out first, 'cause I'm not sitting here for 3 hours giving rep. :lol:

May stopping a Porsche vs. Ferrari battle...

1:19.351

Standing start, using keyboard, with 2 laps of practise which got cut short cause both times I went off :D

Nice laptime there. It appears we have some competition. I notice you have the driving aids ON, but no matter, I will try to get a good time as soon as possible. :cool:

sorry, wrong link indeed...

This is a Koenigsegg CCGT (600 bhp) GT Race car, standing start, cold tyres = 1:09.237. Meaning I'm still slower then the Stig in the Aston Martin DBR9.

http://img180.imageshack.**/my.php?image=gtrevokoenigseggccgtgtrbd2.jpg

High 5, a bit unrealistic though. I think they need to make some adjustments cause these lap times are a bit too fast :p

GTRETGLap2.jpg

the layout of the track is good, and it's nice and narrow in some places, like real life.
It even has the confusing Hammerhead (I understand now why people get lost there, it's hard to see from inside the car) and the truly epic 2nd to last corner.

However, the track is flat as a pancake and doesnt have a bump in it anywhere, which is pretty fail.

I also went round first time (keyboard) in 1.11 in the Chevrolet Touring car...which seems waaay too quick

I think that was actually quite nicely put together. What's with the euro sport logo, though?

[youtube]zqyplkBhoyM[/youtube]

I dunno if the lap times are unrealistic, considering that R8 is not just a normal R8 it's a racing one...and 90% of the cars in the game should be on par with the DBR9 that did it in what? 1:09? I don't really remember the exact time.

its epic how they have the bump for when you overshoot gambon and do a jump across the line

im in the process of getting this working, looks cool

I also went round first time (keyboard) in 1.11 in the Chevrolet Touring car...which seems waaay too quick

While that seems a bit quick, the super 2000 cars are pretty fast compared to a road car, they did a test in sweden between an Enzo and a Volvo c30 touring car. The Volvo did the lap in 1:15 something and the Enzo did it in 1:27: something..

Original 1:17.438

So this is my stab at the Top Gear Test Track in the R8. 1:17.438. All drivers aids off, and using an Xbox 360 controller.

I think one thing that needs to be taken in to consideration with these fast times is that even though it's the street legal, pure vanilla Audi R8, it is in fact on racing slicks.

Also, I did a few laps in the Viper SRT 10.. and got a time of in the 1:18's - 1:20's. Again, that's a lot faster than what was posted by Se?or Stig (although that time was in the wet), but again, racing slicks.

Plus, I pulled crap on that track I wouldn't *dare* do in real life.. lol.

Anyway, first post for me (long time lurker).. just thought I'd share.

[edit] [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAXUX_YHxIA&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

1:16.404 Had a few more tries at it and.. maybe.. shaved a couple of corners (but nothing more than I've the Stig do) and got a second off. [/edit]

Last edited:
I did laps in all of the production cars - call this my mini power laps board.

1. Radical SR4 252 BHP - 1:09.842
2. Radical SR3 252 BHP - 1:09.898
3. Koenigsegg CCX - 1:10.410
4. Radical SR3 230 BHP - 1:11.768
5. Radical SR4 205 BHP 1:12.438
6. Radical SR3 205 BHP - 1:12.590
7. Gumbert Apollo - 1:13.758
8. Radical SR4 190 BHP - 1:13.999
9. Caterham CSR 320 BHP - 1:14.307
10. Caterham CSR 260 BHP - 1:15.971
11. Audi R8 - 1:17.246
12. Dodge Viper SRT10 - 1:19.522
13. Caterham CSR 200 BHP - 1:21.129

All times were set with no setup adjustments and a maximum of 3 laps practise for each car.