Someone Else's Problem: gt1750's 1750 [Alfa 159 SW TI Edition]

I still love this car so much! It's gorgeous!

Glad you finally get to slap a 'Ring sticker on it!

And it drives beautifully too.
Thanks for the opportunity. :thumbsup:

I forgot to mention here that I've had the privilege to ride in it. I love those seats so much. :wub:

Sploosh

Very nice, I still remember from last year how beautiful this car is

That's awesome. I still wish I could have this car stateside... :(

I need some competition for the next year, dammit!!! :p

No, we need people to appreciate proper (two wheeled) Italians.. :mrgreen: I do agree though, more Italian automotive products are definitely needed.

And speaking of the car itself, based on short test drive it seemed to suffer from the typical newer car syndrome of slightly dampened driving feel compared to some older models. But at least Alfa has fared much better with that compared to BMW. This is still fun to drive and has some actual steering feel left. If not for Alfas long commitment to fail wheel drive I could see myself consider getting one of these as well. :p

If not for Alfas long commitment to fail wheel drive I could see myself consider getting one of these as well. :p

I hear the Q4 systems isn't all that bad, when it works. :p

If not for Alfas long commitment to fail wheel drive I could see myself consider getting one of these as well. :p

Nah, I think that Alfa would not have survived to present day without extensive Fiat partsbin usage. It would have gone the way of Saab a long time ago without the success of 156 and related products. So it's all good :p

Nah, I think that Alfa would not have survived to present day without extensive Fiat partsbin usage. It would have gone the way of Saab a long time ago without the success of 156 and related products. So it's all good :p

And we wouldn't have the 8c, 4c and present-day Giulia.
It's like Porsche selling Cayennes, Macans and Panameras to keep the 911 and Cayman/Boxster lines alive. I'm fine with that.

The importance of 147 should probably not be forgotten. After the 96, Saab never had a car in that class, which can have been one clue to their undoing.

But this is offtopic :)

The importance of 147 should probably not be forgotten. After the 96, Saab never had a car in that class, which can have been one clue to their undoing.

But this is offtopic :)

147 GTA with that sweet V6 please. :lol:

Since I'm here, I could make an update to the thread: I sold the 159 a month ago, as some people on Telegram might have noticed. The car got sold quite quickly, I posted the ad on mobile.de on 00:30 and at 9:30 I got the first people calling and messaging me when at 10:00 a guy from the Netherlands called and made an acceptable offer with the promise of sending money the same day and a transport truck in a few days. All happened as promised and a week later, a truck from the Netherlands came and picked the Alfa up. She'll be missed :(

1574716850415.png

1574716912502.png

The ownership lasted a little over 4 years (personal best!) and was mostly trouble-free. There were some cooling system issues this year that made me call towing service once and since there was more to it than a single perished hose, the car had to be serviced multiple times. That and the costs of the 70k km service made me and my wife think of moving on and we did... but we got no Alfa, since they don't offer a vehicle for us (no Giulia Sportwagon, fuck SUVs), we got ourselves a boat instead. I'll see if I can be bothered to cobble a thread together.