GT5 for PC?!

nist7

Car(s)
2006 Acura TL
gt5prologue24.jpg

SCEA marketing head John Koller has dropped a heavy hint that Gran Turismo?s future may not be limited to just PSP and PS3.

?[Polyphony Digital] report directly into our CEO, Kaz Hirai, so it?s a little bit of a ?wait and see?,? the exec told VG247 when asked when we can expect to see GT5.

?But we look for that franchise to continue on as many platforms as possible.?

Koller said in the same interview, recorded at GDC, that Sony is currently looking at ?GT5 across all platforms, just to see what makes the most sense.?

PC gamers may do well to get excited by the talk. Polyhony head Kazunori Yamauchi?s already said that ?perhaps [GT5] comes to the PC,? talking specifically of a Chinese launch.

It doesn?t take the hugest leap of logic to guess Koller may be talking about a PC SKU here.

E3, kids.

http://www.overclock.net/video-game-news/489340-vg247-gran-turismo-pc.html

http://www.vg247.com/2009/04/06/gra...forms-as-possible-pc-gamers-have-large-party/

This is a couple weeks old but didn't see a thread on this yet and didn't want to necro the eons-old GT5 threads and didn't wanna hijack the Prologue thread so there it is! (let me know if it is a repost)

Obviously if this turns out to be true all of us will:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pXfHLUlZf4[/YOUTUBE]

^yup, and that's why it won't happen, unless people pay zillions of monies first.

GT5 was the unique selling point for a PS3, and as it's getting it's ass kicked by pretty much every other console, they won't want to lose GT5

I think I'll wait until they actually manage to release it on one platform before I start to believe talk about it appearing on others.

sif.. will it be a bad transplant like GTA4?

If it does appear on PC, then surely this will be the biggest graphics needing game ever? Only the real best of best computers will do it, because GTA4 is hideous compared to this, and that won't exactly run on an old computer...

I highly doubt GT5 will be out on PC, but who knows...

My take on sony's talk about multiple platforms is, that it will simply be made in some version for the PSP too.

If it does appear on PC, then surely this will be the biggest graphics needing game ever? Only the real best of best computers will do it, because GTA4 is hideous compared to this, and that won't exactly run on an old computer...

IMO, any modern and decent gaming rig should be able to run GT5 smoothly at decent settings. PS3's video card, as far as I understand it, ain't that great in today's standards (nvidia 7 series equivalent?). Of course seeing how powerful the CPU is on the PS3, GT5 may scale better with a powerful CPU similar to GTA 4 and Microsoft Flight Simulator X.

OMG! :shock:

If this turns out to be true, I won't even bother looking for a pirated version, I'll go buy it on it's release date, even if it'll be $80.

Well, they are definitely not going to allow a xbox 360 release, but there is a chance that we see a PC version.

It has been acknowledged that PC (unfortunately) lost the battle of the gaming platforms. If they make a PC release, they will not lose money from PS3 sales. Very few people have left that still play on PC, so it might be a nice gesture to see GT5 on PC...
What kind of a monster PC is a whole different topic.

It has been acknowledged that PC (unfortunately) lost the battle of the gaming platforms.
Sorry, but where did you get that? PC gaming has never been as hot. :blink:

Do tell, please :)

99.99% of all games are first released for the consoles, and months later we eventually get a badly ported version for PC.
It's not what it used to be back in 98-99. PC was the hottest thing at that time.

Dude, there are shitloads of PC exclusive titles, and in the last few months only garbage showed up for the 360 at least... PC gaming is far from dead...

GT5 is the only reason for me to buy a PS3 so Sony has some logic in trying to keep the Gran Turismo series exclusive to theyr consoles. I've wanted a PS3 since this game turned up and I still want it now but if it comes up on PC I'll buy it, no matter the cost. It's a brilliant game!

Do tell, please :)
There's a German computer website/forum I regularly visit, and the number of members as well as the number of questions about the latest hardware has constantly been growing since I signed up there, which was six years ago. Today, a good gaming PC has never been available as cheaply, while the latest generation of consoles still is climbing down the price ladder.

There is a lot of talk about consoles, but it solely is down to the big names constantly battling with each other. PC talk mainly is about hardware (which you don't need to talk about with a console since it's fixed), but there also is a huge and active gaming scene.

Classic case in point: World of Warcraft. The owner of this forum is addicted to it for god's sake! Computer gaming is everything but dead.

PC gets strategy and turn based games, some of the best games of all time. I need a new jagged alliance damn it!

^true, but the kind of games that are being played differs immensely...

MMORPGs are fun on PCs because you have a nice comfy chair (important if you're going to play for 49 hrs straight) and a keyboard/mouse. Same goes for shooters

Racing or platform games... I dunno, I'd say the consoles have it. Even GTA4 is many times more awesome on PS than on PC...

Another thing that made me do the switch is that consoles never need upgrading everytime there's a new game out. That and you can play with friends/family and have double the fun