GTA IV (PC)

*Spoiler Warning*
For those of you who reached the end of the story:

I'm going to take out Dimitri and let Kate die, any of you chose differently? I like Roman, and Kate wasn't really anything to hold on to later. I'd rather not have him die on his wedding day and i really want to blow Dimitri's head off, but that's just me. Money isn't a deciding factor, since what the hell can you spend it on, i have 600k and nothing to waste it on...
Roman > Kate

*Spoiler Warning*

I'm going to take out Dimitri and let Kate die, any of you chose differently? I like Roman, and Kate wasn't really anything to hold on to later. I'd rather not have him die on his wedding day and i really want to blow Dimitri's head off, but that's just me. Money isn't a deciding factor, since what the hell can you spend it on, i have 600k and nothing to waste it on...

There's really not much difference between the two endings... I played both and the revenge option seemed either more difficult or more fun to play.

You end up getting $250,000 with both options - one gives you the money after the first mission, the other gives you the money after the second and final mission. I chose to keep Roman because I get a kick out of him comments and because he gives you free cab rides... Kate doesn't offer much, maybe I just didn't date her enough.

What you can do is save a separate savegame before accepting either of the endings, so you can go back and play both sets of missions. But if you just want to do one, revenge seems the better option.

^ Rockstar are quite mean

Spoiler: Highlight to read
If you like Roman but haven't seen the ending, you'd choose the deal because Roman wants that and you don't give a damn about Kate, but if you liked Kate you'd choose revenge because she says it's the better moral choice, but at the end if you liked Roman you see him get shot, likewise with Kate.

Last edited:
*Spoiler Warning*

I played both scenarios, the end missions are somewhat similar, but still different enough :)

Ooh, can you share that up if you are sure it won't ruin the game?

I installed the patch. I haven't really done any FPS readings before or after, but it seems to run smoother. Available video memory has gone down, but the same graphics settings seem to use less memory so it works out...

GTA.IV.Crack.Securom.Bypass.Launcher.UBER-PROPER-FeD0R.Neo-REPACK

is the name of it :p

Another question:

The last mission, to whack Pegorino, anyone have an issue getting on the chopper? I've done it ten times and i still can't get up on that chopper, i've seen the issue online elsewhere with no solution and i've tried remapping the jump key and it still doesn't work D:

Another question:

The last mission, to whack Pegorino, anyone have an issue getting on the chopper? I've done it ten times and i still can't get up on that chopper, i've seen the issue online elsewhere with no solution and i've tried remapping the jump key and it still doesn't work D:

Yeah, I failed it the first time. But it worked fine on the next try. And I didn't jump, just go to the marked spot and it'll work automagically :)

Really? He gets on, but he just hangs there and eventually he falls, nothing responds

Yeah, I failed it the first time. But it worked fine on the next try. And I didn't jump, just go to the marked spot and it'll work automagically :)

Yeah, I took a few dips in the drink before I got that jump to work.

Anybody else get real excited to FINALLY get into a chopper with guns only to be disappointed when you realize that you're just following him to the next scripted event when he crashes his boat? Might as well just given me a Maverick at that point...

I was trying to shoot him with the chopper, overshot, and was coming back for another run when the cinematic script kicked in. I wasn't anywhere near him and suddenly I'm on fire and coming in for the emergency landing.

Also, the scripted car chase on your way to pegorino was full of fail as their SUV knocks oncoming traffic out of the way without any hesitation or concept of inertia. I understand the need for their car to make it to the next point in the mission, but don't throw every last bit of realism out the window on the final mission. Felt very amateur.

Really? He gets on, but he just hangs there and eventually he falls, nothing responds

You only played it once?

The first time I played the mission, Niko wouldn't move at all when he caught on to the Annihilator regardless of what button I pressed and he fell off after a few seconds.

The second time, it worked fine, I just had to tap space repeatedly and quickly. I failed the mission like 5 times though... following the copter and then flying it when you jump on are considerably more difficult than the other parts of the ending IMO.

^I've done it 26 times now, he just doesn't move, i've remapped the key, used some caps lock trick that someone mentioned, nothing. I've tried fast tapping, slow tapping, oils... <_< everything!

^ Aye, that doesn't sound good... getting on didn't work for me once, and the next time around once I got on the helicopter none of the buttons did anything and I eventually crashed. But it worked after those two times.

I'm going after the pigeons now... there's so many of these freaking things, I still have 140 left. :mad:

Patched it, runs so much better now! (For the non-legal persons, Razor 1911 did it)

I actually bought the game :p. can people who've cracked it play online? the multiplayer is pretty damn fun :D

^ Multiplayer is great, but half the time I connect to servers full of childish people playing in an un-fun manner. Team deathmatch is the best.

I have been playing the game with the latest patch and the late January Nvidia drivers and it certainly runs a lot better than before, but I'm thinking it's also looking a lot better too. Almost as if they added AA.

Just installed GTA IV and am having some issues with graphics and performance. First of all, the game runs at no more than 30 fps, no matter the graphics settings (even on lowest settings). Then, there is this issue with shadows: I am standing on the street and the shadows on the road from the railway above are very grainy for some reason.

I have installed the latest patch (1.0.4.0), and am not having the "missing texture" problem that others were having.

As of now, the game is playable, but I'm already used to running games at higher fps, while the graphics are on the highest level.

This has to be a problem with the game, and not my PC because I can run other recent games fine (like Batman: Arkham Asylum) on high settings at 60 fps.

Is there a fix for this anywhere?

Thanks.

Here are some pics I took with FRAPS showing what I mean about the "fuzzy", "grainy" shadows:

2uhpohs.jpg

2meq2xu.jpg

2ldhzqq.jpg

347b5tc.jpg

10531ux.jpg

29geu81.jpg

16ks8y9.jpg

4pv7ep.jpg

I managed to increase the FPS a bit by playing around with the settings, but the most thing that is most noticeable about the performance is the variance of the FPS; even with vsync on, the FPS can go up to 40+ then down to 20, is there a way to keep the FPS stable?

This game is known for eating systems alive... what are your specs?

And the shadows always look a bit weird in the game... but I don't remember it being as bad as your screens.

For what it's worth, the game didn't perform too well for me on XP 32-bit (I have a 2.66 GHz Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, and HD4890). Similar performance to what you're getting with medium to high settings at 1920 x 1080.

However, I recently got Windows 7 64-bit through MSDNAA, and performance is much improved. All settings on High and Very High now with increased FPS over what I had before :dunno:

Also update your video drivers, the latest ATI releases have some major performance improvements.