GTA IV (PC)

The Sultan RS, probably the rarest car in my experience, is the best handling ;) Turbo nutter rally madness. But good luck finding one without debugging it.

Probably one of those one offs that sit somewhere alone. Will look for it.

alrite, new system ordered. wonder if i finally can play gta4 on my own computer :rolleyes: ASUS p5n-d SLI, 4GB DDR2 800mhz, Core 2 Q8300 (2.55ghz, 4 cores). thats what ive ordered and i have 2x 8800GTS 320mb laying around that i finally can use :)

The Banshee? Bah, that thing goes too fast not to crash. My favourite for driving fast is the Sultan... it's quick and handles well.

I just got Florian's lover's Infernus... :lol: @ the Zonda style exhaust.

Colour me crazy but I'm a big fan of the Blista Compact.

Chuckable, sturdy, compact and reasonably fast it's my first choice of car for general mission use (assuming no sports car is available!).

Hmm, I just wish the car-spawner would come out quickly! :D

I'm also hoping someone would start modding the game and start adding real cars, like in San Andreas.

Otherwise, I'm using Roman's cab service, hailing cabs, or spawing Comet, Turismo etc, albeit cheating :p

Playing my ILLEGALLY downloaded copy on a q6600, 8800gt and 2gb ram, it runs very well. The only lag I ever get is when I turn my high beam lights on at night. Actually, I have had very few problems with it, only 2 crashes and some very slight lag. Thank god I don't have to sign up to all that social club stuff, would probably drive me mad.

Off to play some more!:)

Fuck, people need to shut up about the perceived problems of this game.

Social Club is no nuisance whatsoever. You can close it if you want, it just displays news and updates about the game. At least it doesn't need to update itself like Steam every time it opens.

And I actually like the Games for Windows Live applet thing. I could see it being a useful feature for people who play a lot of different games (not me)... it emulates a lot of the Xbox Dashboard.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srOC1gClsGM[/youtube]

Great news! I can run it! Anyways, I'll wait a few years til I play it...:( It runs. Just.

Just got myself a nice new Intel Q9550 with 4GB RAM and a ATI Radeon HD4870 1GB, b'cos my old PC finally decided to give up, and it really runs like a dream now, a quantum leap from my old P4 obviously, I'll try to post some pics in the new toys section when I have the time....

Anyway, if any of you are into modding or basically just like messing around in GTA IV, the guys at GTAForums.com have really had some breakthrough with it. I just tried a few lua scripts they released and it was pretty fun just creating havoc... Afterall, that's the beauty of playing it on the PC right :D

Had to happen to me also... 30 hours of gameplay, worked perfectly. Now, without changing anything it askes a re-install... f!#?"#"#% pos !!#"?%!%!!& grrrrrrrrr :shakefist:

But it's easily the best game ever made and best 70? I've spent in awhile (40? for game and 30? for xbox controller) so I'll forgive. If it starts to work soon.

edit. works again :p

Last edited:
Sultan RS is great, but are there some other places where I can always find a Infernus & a SuperGT...?

The Banshees flamespitting exhaust kicks ass... :mrgreen:

Sultan RS is great, but are there some other places where I can always find a Infernus & a SuperGT...?

The Banshees flamespitting exhaust kicks ass... :mrgreen:

Why don't you use the vehicle grouping editor? Then you can edit what vehicle you want where :wicked:

Find more info here.

Last edited:
Statistics
Average FPS: 28.04
Duration: 37.27 sec
CPU Usage: 52%
System memory usage: 50%
Video memory usage: 87% (used -availablevidmem 2.0 multiplies 320mb, game thinks i have 640mb.)

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 40
Detail Distance: 60

Hardware
Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Service Pack 3
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB
Video Driver version: 180.84
Audio Adapter: Realtek HD Audio output
Intel Pentium III Xeon processor (says its xeon but it is Core 2 Quad Q9300)

File ID: benchmark.cli

im quite happy :) supposed to be sli bot took out one GPU, PSU couldnt handle it. need a new one:rolleyes:

basically my 320mb of vram that holds it down

Statistics
Average FPS: 38.09
Duration: 36.86 sec
CPU Usage: 64%
System memory usage: 70%
Video memory usage: 79%

Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1680 x 1050 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: High
Render Quality: High
View Distance: 50
Detail Distance: 70

Hardware
Microsoft? Windows Vista" Ultimate
Service Pack 1
Video Adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (It's a HD 4870 1GB)
Video Driver version: 7.14.10.618
Audio Adapter: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q9550 @ 2.83GHz

Here's mine, didn't do a benchmark since I got my new PC, so I'm pretty happy with the results. Did crash after about 2hrs of playing though, saying it ran out of memory, but I guess it's the game, hope they come out with a second patch soon...

Edit: Just an update, there's a release for a vehicle spawner tool here. So you can spawn any vehicle in front of you anytime you want. :D

Last edited:
So I just finished the story mode at about 41 hours of gameplay. :happy:

The ending was great... the whole story was simply superb. I really enjoyed it, and there's still so much left to do. I chose the revenge option at the end... didn't care about Kate, I only went out with her twice I think anyway, so it was pretty funny hearing Niko all broken up over her.

Thankfully I saved my game so I can go back and play the alternate ending... I hear it's easier. :D

haha, when i first got to the revenge option i selected revenge to but as i drove off and niko talking the game crashed, and when i came back i selected not to take revenge :p