Guess That Car game - By Clues Only

Staroin (Conquest)

Starion (Conquest)

VW Thing ie: Volkswagen 181

Jackpot!!! That's the one.

What a stupid name... "Le Car".
It's like importing a toothbrush from France and then calling it "Le Toothbrush"!

Or...

How about the Renault Le Car? (Otherwise known as the R5)

I guess Renault North America figured that R5 didn't convey the essential "Frenchness" of the car. To me, the only positive thing that comes to mind about French cars is that most of them seem to have a very plush ride. The other things I think of automatically are poor quality and overall weirdness.

Okay, new one:
This was the first production car to have a form of night vision
It introduced LED taillamps
Despite those firsts, it was never taken seriously by the press and the majority of the buying public

I guess Renault North America figured that R5 didn't convey the essential "Frenchness" of the car. To me, the only positive thing that comes to mind about French cars is that most of them seem to have a very plush ride. The other things I think of automatically are poor quality and overall weirdness.

Okay, new one:
This was the first production car to have a form of night vision
It introduced LED taillamps
Despite those firsts, it was never taken seriously by the press and the majority of the buying public

Wasn't that a Cadillac De Ville?

(The sheet here says "Cadillac DTS", can we accept "Cadillac DeVille, Reg?)
The judges say we can accept Cadillac DeVille, you are right!

Top Gear for some reason seem to think that Mercedes Benz was the first to put that technology in a car when Cadillac had it 5 years before the S Class!

But then they seem to think that Mercedes introduced 3 point seat belts, electronic 4 wheel ABS, airbags, and the 4 door coup? as well.
When in fact it was Volvo, Chrysler/Nissan, Oldsmobile and Rover, respectively.

Since no one has posted a car I will give it a try;

This car was sold in the US and had two car brands in its name.

It was designed, engineered, and manufactured by three different countries.

It was a roadster.

Chrysler TC By Maserati? Pushing the definition of "roadster" a bit.