Gun politics thread

Indeed. Usually after a shooting you hear stories from family and friends saying “we had no idea he was capable of this”....compete opposite here. Everyone said this guy fit the bill for a school shooter (and himself even boasted about doing it).

IIRC during Sandy Hook the SOP was to wait for backup and go in as groups. In FL, however, the sheriff came out saying that their SOP is to confront the suspect right away.

We basically have a guy that everyone knows is crazy straight-up threaten to shoot up a school, the FBI is aware of this and does nothing, and a cop on the scene chooses to hang out and do nothing. But we should ban guns :rolleyes:

We should ban assholes, but where would we send them? Mexico?

Firecat;n3546530 said:
So the news today was that the armed deputy working at the school took a defensive position outside (for about for minutes) and didn’t go in. I’ve read a lot of comments online calling him a coward.

Curious what everyone else’s thoughts are on that. I’m also curious as to what explanation he has for not entering the school.

The shooting lasted 6 minutes. He spent 4 of them standing outside with his thumb up his ass while people were murdered.

I'm not saying anyone with a gun should run towards an active shooter, but he was paid, trained, armored and armed to do exactly that. He's a coward, he put himself before those he was supposed to protect while JROTC kids placed themselves between the gunfire and their classmates.

Firecat;n3546530 said:
So the news today was that the armed deputy working at the school took a defensive position outside (for about for minutes) and didn’t go in. I’ve read a lot of comments online calling him a coward.

Curious what everyone else’s thoughts are on that. I’m also curious as to what explanation he has for not entering the school.

He wasn't the only one. Apparently there were 3 other deputies outside the building hiding behind a car.

It’s just shocking. I have tons of issues with police, but I never doubted their bravery in a crisis and willingness to put their lives on the line. It’s like firefighters hiding behind their truck instead of going into a building.

In a hostage situation, you don’t go in guns blazing. But the moment you hear gun shots you have to go in.

FWIW, my wife is a high school biology teacher in Florida. She’s getting a lot of messages about safety now and they are constantly (every period) sending someone to check that classrooms are all closed and locked while class in session. Lots of police presence too, partly due to pranks and threats.

There are so many examples of ordinary individuals who are under no obligation to help anyone at all still step up and help protect others, yet these guys couldn't be bothered despite it being their job. Pretty upsetting, to say the least, especially since they're giving a bad rep to what I think are the vast majority of law enforcement officers who would step in.

This shit exists and people wonder why we are so resistant to any type of gun control. If you accept the premise that the tools choosen are the problem the only logical course of action is banning of anything that can be used for harm.

My friend posted this stupidity on Facebook:
[IMG2=JSON]{"alt":"Image may contain: 1 person, text","data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-9\/28279601_1941308495882643_7111377018781821613_n.jpg?oh=862e2ca0caf4c8e47567b772d9eaede4&oe=5B4B19F5"}[/IMG2]
Best part is that as a parent the first thing you are taught is that if your child is acting out you have to look for the root cause. But I guess this guy is not a parent.

Firecat;n3546636 said:
D: beat your child with a stick for being an asshole

*Ding!*

Take the stick away from the little shit and tell him he can't have sticks anymore