Gun politics thread

Blind_Io;n3546643 said:
Take the stick away from the little shit and tell him he can't have sticks anymore

^ Winner.

and for crying out loud...do not take up a defensive position with your stick while the child is hitting other kids with their stick.

A good video on Australian gun control.
[video=youtube_share;-GPUYBcHyTc]https://youtu.be/-GPUYBcHyTc[/video]

Blind_Io;n3546695 said:
New AWB introduced.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/375659-dems-introduce-assault-weapons-ban

Looks like they haven't learned anything about what they are trying to regulate, barrel shrouds are still listed as features. There is also a very long list of specific patterns and models that will no longer be allowed to be produced, including the Calico.

Would you rather they be smart and simply ban detachable magazines?

Shhhhhh! Don't give them any ideas.

We will see where this one goes, but I don't think it has a chance as it currently sits. Still, I was hoping to buy Xterra parts, now I might need to move up my timetable on the CZ Scorpion.

prizrak;n3546678 said:
A good video on Australian gun control.
[video=youtube_share;-GPUYBcHyTc]https://youtu.be/-GPUYBcHyTc[/video]

So the rate was falling and has continued to fall. However I also read that the number of guns has increased in Australia above the level it was prior to the massacre mentioned. Yet gun deaths (which seem to be mostly suicides) and overall crime continues to decrease despite the increase in gun ownership.

So there is something working there. Keeping guns in the hands of the right people and not criminals.

The problem is why try to reduce issues to their simplest form. Ban guns or more guns.

Blind_Io;n3546701 said:
now I might need to move up my timetable on the CZ Scorpion.

I was thinking the same thing about getting an AR or AK sooner...or get both. Need a Mosin Nagant first but one of those are the very next on the list.

I'm hoping we get a quarterly bonus for Q1 ar work so I can get a Mosin sooner rather than later.

Firecat;n3546705 said:
So the rate was falling and has continued to fall. However I also read that the number of guns has increased in Australia above the level it was prior to the massacre mentioned. Yet gun deaths (which seem to be mostly suicides) and overall crime continues to decrease despite the increase in gun ownership.

So there is something working there. Keeping guns in the hands of the right people and not criminals.

The problem is why try to reduce issues to their simplest form. Ban guns or more guns.

That's the crux of the issue really, violence is an extremely complex issue, what might work for reducing crime wouldn't work for reducing school shootings, what works for either of those won't work for suicides, etc... Yet if you dare to bring that up the Chuck Schumers and Bloombergs of the world label you a gun nut and accuse you of wanting dead kids.

LeVeL;n3546714 said:
Pretty sure a Mosin is the last thing they'll try to ban :lol: That said, I don't think any ban is coming - the GOP knows it's political suicide.

It's a "military rifle", and if the anti-gun people get that label slapped on stuff to somehow make a ban happen say goodbye to mil surps. :(

Granted I doubt that'll happen as well. At least in the majority of states. The northeast and Commiefornia are another story.

JCE;n3546723 said:
It's a "military rifle", and if the anti-gun people get that label slapped on stuff to somehow make a ban happen say goodbye to mil surps. :(

Granted I doubt that'll happen as well. At least in the majority of states. The northeast and Commiefornia are another story.

Nah it has wood on it and no pistol grip so no one would look at it twice.

LeVeL;n3546741 said:
CNN, what in the hell is this? I have a hard time believing that this guy ever served.

What's the problem, its just common sense.

Keep combat weapons for the army and police.

Question, and this also relates to the deputy that didn’t go into the school

Does a teen (or any of these other mass shooters) with an assault weapon have a major edge over a trained officer with a hand gun? I feel like firepower in and of itself can tip the scale, but there is a lot more to consider. So I’m not 100% on board with cops armed to the teeth in order to “level the playing field”

it goes into that whole militarization of the police, and turning law enforcement into a tool to suppress (or oppress) the public instead of serving the public.

calvinhobbes;n3546731 said:

I'm sorry? That'd be like United Airlines pulling their discounts and sponsorship with the weed community. Yeah, weed hasn't killed anyone but, imagine if this were any other organization that wasn't headed by white male "Christians."

Christians are in quotes because if you think your right to shoot a fucking gun is more important than your fellow man's life, I don't think you quite understand the faith and what it teaches.

LeVeL;n3546725 said:
Careful now... Several Northeast states have way more lax gun laws than, say, Texas.

Some do yes, but not the majority which is mostly what I was referring to. And frankly Texas disappoints me on this subject.