Halo Kid accidentally kills himself trying to re-enact Halo

I don't necessarily find it funny, just shocking how the 11 year old kid can get hold of a real gun, regardless of loaded or not. At 11, you don't have the common sense to think what a gun can do.

And to be honest, I don't all feel that sorry for the parents; somehow (whether it be leaving it around or giving it to him), the kid got hold of a loaded weapon. If it was me, I would not just lock it up, but get rid of the gun altogether when my first child was born; I wouldn't want to risk it; but then everyone has different opinions (the US supporting self protection where the UK is hesitant to the idea etc).

where does a kid get that much cardboard

It's funny that your grandma has a bb gun, my grandma has one that she uses to snipe squirrels off her bird feeders. We got her a "squirrel proof" bird feeder and she said that wasn't any fun :lol:.

My grandma loved bird-watching, and had numerous feeders around her home. After she passed away, her house stayed in the family, and all the feeders except one are still up.

She absolutely hated when a squirrel showed up and started eating out of a feeder, and whenever we stayed over there we knew once a squirrel was on a feeder it was BB time. And when the BB failed, she'd throw a firecracker at the squirrel.

(Thinking about that, not only did we learn about gun safety as children, but also fireworks safety!)

Apparently, both the kid and the parents had misplaced priorities. The kid, for putting a video game before school (and everything else), and the parents for not teaching their kid how to pick better priorities. I grew up hunting too, but would've been on the business end of my dad's belt if I had skipped school. So imagine what would've happened if I had played with a gun, even a measly .22, as a toy.

And most here have a problem with a kid having access to a .22, but nobody has a problem with an 11-yr-old kid playing a game rated "Mature"? :hmm:

I bet the parents are really kicking themselves now. The kid probably didn't go quick, either. With an adult, a .22ricochets around inside the cranium, tearing through the brain as it goes. The lights go out slowly.

Damn shame. The kid should've been at school.

And most here have a problem with a kid having access to a .22, but nobody has a problem with an 11-yr-old kid playing a game rated "Mature"? :hmm:

I think the game, cardboard guns, and BB guns gave him a certain comfort level with guns. Which is probably why he started playing with the real thing. I think (or would hope) that somebody older would recognize the threat that always exists when handling firearms.

how hard is it to not point a gun at yourself and pull the trigger? seriously... i dont understand the temptation of that.

It says on the YouTube page that he didn't die? Apparently there's two Halo Kids.

At 11, you don't have the common sense to think what a gun can do.

Well, I don't know about you, but when I was 11, I sure as fuck knew that guns can kill people. And you certainly can't claim the kid didn't know, after all he'd personally killed people with guns (in halo), should be reason enough to know that guns can cause lethal injury.

I've only handled a gun once, for a hunter friend, but the whole time while carrying it I left it pointing up in the air, away from people. Even though it wasn't loaded (probably ;) ) I'd still not point it at myself, or anyone else. Sorry, but no, I prefer to live.

^ I get your point, and do understand that the kid should know that guns are bad thanks to the games, but - and here's me being Tim - IMO they do give you a false sense of safety. I wouldn't even point a fake/deactivated gun at anyone else let alone myself. I'm sure you knew what guns can do at 11, but I hope you agree that you sure know more now, and would be so much more careful.