Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

he could have walked away but still had serious head trauma like a subcranial hematoma that may not be evident immediately following the crash. They did say he was in the Neurology unit.

:shock: :shock: Hope that he makes a full recovery!! Not exactly the sort of thing you want to loose a good man on.

Aston Martin Lagonda said:
And I wouldn't belive to a "critical" word used in these tabloids, they always want to make everything a bit more tragic... you know.

I wouldn't rate BBC as a "tabloid".

Hope he'll be alright. :|

The fact it was over-turned rather than 'a write off' and that he apparently was mobile after this incident, I'm guessing that it was serious, but he'll be ok. At least thats my feeling from the info up until now.

:) It'll be fine.

i hope hes ok, best wishes to him

well any reviews he was set up for will get split between clarkson and may.

any 3 ways not filmed will either be put on hold, or done with someone as an interim - possibly tom ford - doubt it like, possibly someone from the magazine

In my experience jet powered cars are not something to be dealt with lightly. TG are super stringent with safety so it must have been something beyond their control that happened.

:( I really hope he's ok, my thoughts are with Mindy and his family

Blythy said:
well any reviews he was set up for will get split between clarkson and may.

any 3 ways not filmed will either be put on hold, or done with someone as an interim - possibly tom ford - doubt it like, possibly someone from the magazine

Amanaman said:
What we also may need to consider is that he could even leave Top Gear after this, and I wouldn't blame him. If not I seriously doubt he will be taking part in many of the dangerous stunts again...

I think it's a bit early to speculate....

Oh man, I just read the news and was shocked :( I sincerely hope Hamster makes a full recovery. All the best to him and his family.

I think hammond will do it all over again, to be in this sort of job you probably get in that sort of mindset. They'll crash all the time, you just don't hear about it because all journalists have to appear as the best drivers i the world (top gear is probably the only show that shows when journalists make mistakes)

moo said:
In my experience jet powered cars are not something to be dealt with lightly. TG are super stringent with safety so it must have been something beyond their control that happened.

:( I really hope he's ok, my thoughts are with Mindy and his family

Parachute failure/malfunction as far as I'm aware

Ouch :( Really sad to hear this. I hope he makes it without anything permanent!

jeffy777 said:
I think it's a bit early to speculate....

We care, but since it's impossbile to do something productive in the matter, then all you can do is speculate on the future on all possible implications