Hammond In Car Crash - (Now Moved from Leeds 28/09)

agreed 10 minutes exctraction time isn't that much...

the thing was upside down.... that probably where most of the time went...

Blind_Io said:
cush said:
i hope they don' t have trouble finding a Hammond Organ Donor.............

:ph34r:

Ok, is it wrong that I laughed at that?

is it wrong that you think it's wrong to laugh? ;)

I hope to God Hammond pulls through without any permanent injuries like paralysis. After Steve Irwin two weeks ago I don't think I could stand another death of a celebrity that I actually admire.

hmm... maybe this will be the last time Top Gear tries to drown/freeze/shoot/bind/toture/kill Hammond.

As long as he is now in stable condition, I'm relieved. Get well from across the pond, Hamster!

Nothing is left to chance! Get well soon Richard . . . you're in my and my wife's prayers, as well as several other TG diehards over here on the other side of the globe in Hawaii. God be with you and yours.

~Erik and Abigail Langerak

Lots of people here in Canada pulling for the guy, I'm sure he'll make it through.

From perspective and my experiences with jet cars, I'd say most of his injuries were cause by the massive G's produced when it crashed. Richard probably isn't used to the kinds of forces regular jet car divers are, so his brain is probably pretty shaken up. All jet cars I know of use a full rollcage, harness, and HANS device to keep a driver/pilot's bits and pieces from flopping around and keep his vital parts safe. Even at 300+ MPH, it's very very hard to fatally wound someone encased in (and strapped to ) a superstrong cage designed to withstand massive forces.

NuclearSymphony said:
Nothing is left to chance! Get well soon Richard . . . you're in my and my wife's prayers, as well as several other TG diehards over here on the other side of the globe in Hawaii. God be with you and yours.

~Erik and Abigail Langerak

Holy shit, Hawaii. Sorry we had to meet on this circumstances, but Welcome!

Even made it onto BBC World :cry:

This is terrible news. Hope he gets well soon.

It's been quite a big story here in Norway aswell - one of the tabloids even stated that according to "BBC online" the wreck was basicly a burning ball after the crash. Obviously bullshit or (most likely) a rubbish translation, as no other media (including BBC) mentions anything about this.

Anyhoo; my thoughts go out to The Hampster and his family!

I've been worried about him ever since hearing the news. I hope the best for his recovery and I don't want to see any personnel changes on the show.

Wow they really are trying to kill hamster aren't they? Freezing, drowning, lightning, 300 mph jet cars... I hope he recovers quickly and is back on the show, it wouldn't be the same without him!

I'm glad I came to this story a bit late, I didn't get to see the news stories where it said he was in Critical condition, that would have jarred me quite a lot more.

I couldnt believe it when i woke up to this news. I hope Hammond gets well very soon

All the Aussie fans of Topgear wish you well mate

Just heard and posted it on the main site. Jeeze, good wishes to you Hammond. :(

Eugh, not nice news for the morning.
Just had Steve Irwin and Peter Brock snuff it, this sorta got a bit creepy.

I read about it on Gizmodo under "Vampire Jet Car Does 0-270 MPH in 6 Seconds, Eats Driver"
Then I saw The Hamster's name...eep.

Hopefully he pulls through this.