Hammond Pictured Wearing Finalgear Helmet! (Contains potential spoiler pic)

Oh, I must have missed it, when was it on?

A bit ago. Don't know when. It was on our Sky+ so i watched it. As my aunt once said; "All hail to the Sky+".

To everyone involved....

major kudos....

I feel an arse because i didn't help with this. Top Gear is plainly the best show produced in the world today. Period.

That this site got to be invovled in some way is a credit to both the site and the yobs on Top Gear who are just average blokes like the rest of us.

Outstanding job, all.

Wow, that's great to see he uses that helmet!

btw, anyone else notice that he looks quite french with that hair?

Just a quick clarification on the whole Talking About it On Air thing from someone that works in New Media at the BBC - not official BBC opinion just my take on the way things seem to work.

There is no legal reason why they couldn't mention final gear and give out the URL on the show - they mentioned Top Gayer and others but given the amount of Torrent talk and links to torrent files BBC bosses wouldn't allow it.

Inside the BBC 'linking out' is actively encouraged - it was an order from above - BBC Trust etc.. that we shouldn't operate closed walls - that we should be refering to sites outside bbc.co.uk and sending traffic elsewhere to help promote the internet as a whole.

As for not being allowed to mention topgear.com - that's a heavily political area.

Basically the BBC has a commercial arm called BBC Worldwide that deals with international rights, DVD licencing, product licencing, magazines and commercial websites.

If the BBC were to mention Top Gear magazine, a commercial entity run by its commercial arm on BBC TWO - a public service network paid for by the licence fee then it would be accused of advertising and using licence fee money to help its commercial arm - which would in turn lead to a massive investigation into the BBCs commercial activities and how they affect other parts of the commercial sector.

told you it was a complicated political mess.

Once upon a time the Radio Times used to be advertised on TV with the words 'Other listings magazines are available' and at one time topgear.com would have been the URL used on the show - but as it takes advertising and affects the commercial sector - that can't happen anymore.

Hi guys,
Viper....you are the MAN!

There IS NO url for this site on the helmet so all Hamster has to say is "My fans gave it to me....which is more than you ever got from your fans Jeremy!"

Well I'd hope he'd say that & Clarkson wouldn't turn around & say "Well do you know what...". I would hate if Jeremy did that but I don't think he will/can as I don't reckon Jeremy gets pressies in the post every day. I HOPE! Nah. Even Jeremy wouldn't ruin Hamsters moment...a moment like that (if there ever is one on the new TG series & I so hope there is) :cry:

BTW if I have to write in BASIC I will! Then be very afraid lol

Just a quick clarification on the whole Talking About it On Air thing from someone that works in New Media at the BBC - not official BBC opinion just my take on the way things seem to work.

There is no legal reason why they couldn't mention final gear and give out the URL on the show - they mentioned Top Gayer and others but given the amount of Torrent talk and links to torrent files BBC bosses wouldn't allow it.

Inside the BBC 'linking out' is actively encouraged - it was an order from above - BBC Trust etc.. that we shouldn't operate closed walls - that we should be refering to sites outside bbc.co.uk and sending traffic elsewhere to help promote the internet as a whole.

As for not being allowed to mention topgear.com - that's a heavily political area.

Basically the BBC has a commercial arm called BBC Worldwide that deals with international rights, DVD licencing, product licencing, magazines and commercial websites.

If the BBC were to mention Top Gear magazine, a commercial entity run by its commercial arm on BBC TWO - a public service network paid for by the licence fee then it would be accused of advertising and using licence fee money to help its commercial arm - which would in turn lead to a massive investigation into the BBCs commercial activities and how they affect other parts of the commercial sector.

told you it was a complicated political mess.

Once upon a time the Radio Times used to be advertised on TV with the words 'Other listings magazines are available' and at one time topgear.com would have been the URL used on the show - but as it takes advertising and affects the commercial sector - that can't happen anymore.

That's a really good explaination, thank you for taking the time to clarify all these complicated rules... that's pretty clear now, ;)

OMG thats awsome!!!!

that made my day AND got me introuble from my proff all at the same time

what do u meen i hsouldnt be surfing the forums whille in class....?

;)

Ahhhhhhhhh! I'm so late to this party but that is SO FANTASTIC!

Series 10 is going to blow our minds, isn't it? :D