Hammond Pictured Wearing Finalgear Helmet! (Contains potential spoiler pic)

I had absolutely nothing to do with the purchase of that helmet (that was organised before I joined). For those of you who did contribute, to see him wearing it must be immensely satisfying. A staggeringly nice gesture and one for which you should all feel quite proud.

Respect too for Richard: he could have just stuck it away in a cupboard at home. But no, he's decided to use it. That clearly means he's touched by the gesture.

What he said really :D:D:D:D

congratulations for the people that made this happen - saldy i'm not one of them :p -
you have something to be really be proud of :D

That is awesome!
Well done and congrats to all you guys who made it happen.

... bringing something back from the dead here, But has Hammond used the helmet in any other episodes?

... bringing something back from the dead here, But has Hammond used the helmet in any other episodes?

The most visible other instance was the motorhome racing segment in 10x06.

i have a picture in my mind that finalgear was the place where jeremy actually found the connection for internet geeks.
not very convinced in that helmet stuff much.. if it's true, nice;)

Last edited:
Last edited:
I rember reading he had lost it when he was moving house did he find it again ?

You realise that some of the people actually clubbed together, got the helmet and labels and presented it to him as a present? It's not just a logo on the side that some people think looks like the FG logo.

See
http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/finalgear-com-richard-hammond-fund-13478/
http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gea...-helmet-in-writing-deserves-new-thread-22028/

ok, good to know. i was sitting here looking at that picture and wondering the same thing. it just looked like someone was making a big deal out of a shape that looked like the logo. cool to know it is really the logo and was given to him. its nice to see him supporting his fans by wearing what they give him. awsome to know that he wears it and i wonder if he ever comes on the site.

this goes back to the thread about making some stickers, imagine how much more could be put out there like that if there were easy to get stickers for everyone.

Only during season 10, he's still wearing it when not on Top Gear duty however :D.
Oh? I thought he had misplaced it or it didn't fit well or something.

Oh? I thought he had misplaced it or it didn't fit well or something.

Yeah Richard told me that at 11X03, but it was cleared up when I spoke to James last year and at the filming a few weeks ago.

Hammond was using it a few weeks back on his motorbike, apparently :p.

Cool, I recently downloaded all 13 seasons of top Gear. I recently watched the Veyron vs Eurofighter episode and saw the helmet, it reminded me of the thread, and yeah, thats about it haha.
Glad to hear that he still uses it frequently.
Great job to those who contributed to it.

ok, good to know. i was sitting here looking at that picture and wondering the same thing. it just looked like someone was making a big deal out of a shape that looked like the logo. cool to know it is really the logo and was given to him. its nice to see him supporting his fans by wearing what they give him. awsome to know that he wears it and i wonder if he ever comes on the site.

this goes back to the thread about making some stickers, imagine how much more could be put out there like that if there were easy to get stickers for everyone.

If you look at the pictures in those threads and then go watch the segments in question (motor home racing and veyron v eurofighter) it's very clear he's wearing their helmet. There are quite a few distinctive shots.

Yeah Richard told me that at 11X03, but it was cleared up when I spoke to James last year and at the filming a few weeks ago.

Hammond was using it a few weeks back on his motorbike, apparently :p.

Very interesting!

Whew I'm so happy to hear that he found it and that he's using it again! It'd be so annoying if he'd lost the thing after all the hard work that went into getting it to him. Would be a slap in the face really. I wasn't even personally involved in getting the helmet to him (although I followed the final procedures before it was delivered) and I was pretty upset to hear that he said he'd lost it.

But all's good, he found it and he's wearing it!!