Hammond Says Thanks For Helmet!

Yesterday, during the tea break at the Top Gear filming, I had a little chat with Hammond about the helmet. He said that he was very grateful for it and has signed a photo that I gave him (which is of him wearing the helmet) saying thanks, I will upload the photo when I get home.

:woot: :woot: :woot:

This is made of 100% win. FG - and especially those who did the leg work throughout the entire process - is a class act. So is Hammond ... I dunno, he just seems to radiate niceness. :D

He also said that if there is anything he can do in return, I can email him, and then he gave me his email address.

IMHO, the only thing Hamster can do for me is to let me buy him a beer if he is ever in Australia (is he still stuck with having to drink weak lager?). :D

Just to add a bit more, Hammond also said that he has worn the helmet on 4 different filming occasions!

Just to add a bit more, Hammond also said that he has worn the helmet on 4 different filming occasions!

That's awesome! Really, anything we could ever ask of him was to wear it on the show and he did. Hammond just earned so many cool points it's ridiculous :lol:

thanks to the context of the reply i finally understand what that means. i used to just type 'lol' after someone told me that:lol:
robybobey said:
makes me feel a bit special in ways having heard that

Well, that's very cool - really pleased to see this and that it's also getting a little use! (all that trying to get the right size paid off!)

Well done everyone!

Oh joy! To be honest, I don't really want anything in return other than a new series of Top Gear - and that's just around the corner so I'm as happy as idontknowwhat :D

That is wonderful. Thanks to all that were involved. :)

Never tought that the helmet would be -inside- a bugatti :p wow

nice work guys !

Gotta like Richard, well done chaps. ... Perfect response from fans to the accident, now lets hope he never ever needs to call upon it's defensive properties.

well...if he crashes again(knowck on wood) we can figure out his helmet size:lol:

Oh wow, I just spilt my juice! That's is so cool! :banana:

man that's really nice

atleast Richard is nice

over here in america, if you sent a celebrity a gift, they would probably call the police on you

Hey this rocks :D

I'm just glad we* could do something for him, since he has given us so much enjoyment--and even risked his life!

Heck, he and the other two (three? Do we count The Stig?) pretty much restarted my love of cars...

(*: I say "we" in the most general sense, in that i belong to the community who did the good deed... since i was sort of not involved in a real sense :p)

Gotta like Richard, well done chaps. ... Perfect response from fans to the accident, now lets hope he never ever needs to call upon it's defensive properties.

Let's just hope that if he feels the need to have another big crash (face it, the way Top Gear is doing things these days, just a matter of time :D ), he's wearing the helmet and it saves his life.
So he can get a new one again.:mrgreen:

I wasn't involved in anyway with the helmet, so my opinion doesn't matter, but i'll give it anyway :)

I think it would be wrong and slightly out of place for the show to stop during the news and say "this is my new helmet, many thanks to FinalGear for being so great" etc because it would just feel wrong. Perhaps it would have been ok on the first show when Hammond came back when they were being all emotional for once, but now i'm not so sure.

Plus of course it would almost seem from the general publics point of view that FinalGears members did it to get a plug for the site. Obviously that's not true, but it may seem that way for some people. Especially if they haven't seen the big long thread about the helmet in the first place.

I think the best way is for him to wear it on the show without a mention. The FinalGear members can smile and say "WOW HES WEARING OUR HELMET", and the general public will just see it and go "ooh nice helmet" and perhaps if they are so inclined try and find out where it came from.

(Well done to the people who made it all happen by the way, fantastic gesture of kindness i think.)