Hammond: Hammond's New Show on Airbus A380

Jmiller

Car(s)
2001 Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5
So I was browsing around on youtube and came across this

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=E8vCqkyEUDs[/YOUTUBE]

I recognized the voice immediately it was Richard Hammond who we all know and love from Top Gear.

It looks like the show is about the Airbus A380 and airs THURS MAY15 9P et/pt in the USA on the National Geographic Channel.

Could someone record this because The Office season finale on at the same time.

More info can be found here http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/airbus-3333/Overview/?source=4003#tab-Overview

Should this be posted on the main page?

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw it on Discovery (I think, could have been BBC 4 tho' not sure) - have not saved it on my V+ (TiVo equivalent - sorry) but you could try one of the trackers. With this type of limited interest show the trackers are not as good as you do not usually get many seeders.

/edit no it may have been this presentation:

World's Biggest Airliner

?Testing the Airbus A380?

Discovery Turbo (UK), 19:00?20:00

Sun 11 May 2008 Synopsis

Join the test-flight crew as they push the A380 to the extreme. They must prove its performance, safety and its airport compatibility.

Last edited:
I'm a BIG BIG fan of airplanes and all that stuff. Even though I know some of this info, I like seeing Hammond hosting it, maybe someone can put up a torrent;)

And shouldn't this bee in "TG Host Shows"?

Thanks for the link. I just finished my engineering material science exam yesterday, and it was neat to see a Richard messing about with glass.

There's another clip here.

Apparently the show is due to air in the UK on NGC in September, so if it doesn't turn up *cough* elsewhere *cough* after its American showing, it may do then.

I saw it on Discovery (I think, could have been BBC 4 tho' not sure) - have not saved it on my V+ (TiVo equivalent - sorry) but you could try one of the trackers.

/edit no it may have been this presentation:
World's Biggest Airliner
?Testing the Airbus A380?
Discovery Turbo (UK), 19:00?20:00
Sun 11 May 2008 Synopsis
Join the test-flight crew as they push the A380 to the extreme. They must prove its performance, safety and its airport compatibility.

I've watched that series a few too many times and it definitely didn't have Hammond in it, but it was still really interesting.

I could watch documentaries like these all day and forget to eat or sleep, I can't wait to see them.

Could someone put up a torrent? I have NG Channel, but as usual it probably airs here in 2018.

Great vid! I hadn't come across this before, and I like how he's spilling over to predominantly American TV now as well. Wonder how they'd take his sultry British accent.

Plus, I like the way he says "composite". *snicker*

thanks, i really like the a380 :)

The first two episodes hit the newsgroups in 720p x264 over the weekend, so hopefully it will be picked up by other distribution channnels from there some time this week. 1.26GB per episode unfortunately.

The first two episodes hit the newsgroups in 720p x264 over the weekend, so hopefully it will be picked up by other distribution channnels from there some time this week. 1.26GB per episode unfortunately.

Oh, great :) You've no idea how much I've been longing to see this. At this stage, I do not care if they are 1.26GB's! But perhaps they will have to go on next months download quota :p

Keep an eye out for:

National.Geographic.Engineering.Connections.S01E01.Airbus.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD
National.Geographic.Engineering.Connections.S01E02.Super.Rig.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD

If I find them somewhere useful, I'll advise.

Keep an eye out for:

National.Geographic.Engineering.Connections.S01E01.Airbus.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD
National.Geographic.Engineering.Connections.S01E02.Super.Rig.720p.HDTV.x264-DHD

If I find them somewhere useful, I'll advise.

That would be marvellous, thank you :D

I found 370MB rips but I'll have to find those 720p ones. Got a new FullHD-tv coming, gotta have something to watch. :)

Oh, the 370MB A380 rip is horrible! :(

It's block central & the colour compression is hopeless. Just wasted 700MB of monthly downloads (assuming the second ep is as bad). :cry: