Happy Australia Day!

Hidden_Hunter

Needs more IceBone
Car(s)
'13 BMW 125i, '26 Buick Standard Six
Today is the day that us Aussie's celebrate the day our great nation was founded!

So enjoy a BBQ and beer today!

Australian%20flag.gif

ps Victoria is still the greatest state

Happy Australia Day!
Advance Australia Fair, have a great day y'all. :cheers:

(Is ANZAC Day separate? :?)

Happy Australia Day!

ANZAC day is 25th April.

And Australia Day is also known as Invasion Day by our Indigenous friends. I can see their point. Until 1967 Aboriginals were classified as fauna under the Flora and Fauna Act.

All of them... :lol:

Because I live very near one of the areas where all the celebrations are, its rather amusing to find whats left over in the streets, and indeed, in my front yard, the next day. Last year there was a pair of pants and a rather burly man, along with copious amounts of half-eaten McDonalds.

And last year, some git in a Polo decided it was a good idea to park in my drive, and didn't return to the car until 5PM.

Regardless, happy Australia Day everyone.

In honor of Australia Day, here's a photo of me pretending to be an Aussie.

24y8sn7.png

Have fun putting shrimps on various barbies, drinking Foster's*, ordering Bloomin' Onions at Outback Steakhouse, hooning in utes, showing others what knoives are, and stuff. :cheers:

*Just kidding, even you guys don't drink that crap.

Would be very unaustralian to not take a sickie for a long weekend!!

Happy Australia Day :cheers:

What a farce of a holiday, hardly anyone celebrates the real point of the holiday anymore.

I.e. embraces the cultural history of Australia and the events of the past, it's mostly nowadays FUCK YEAH LET'S GET PISSED CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT FUCK OATH BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Sorry, but if you're going to have a holiday for a specific reason, at least celebrate the damn reason behind it.
Like Christmas, no longer has a religious meaning (not that I am, but I can acknowledge that's where it came from).

Same goes for Easter as well.

Sorry, I mean hooray for Australia (and Victoria being the best state), but really, to the masses it's lost its meaning nowadays.

EDIT: To add, yes people won't agree with me. Yes people will probably neg-rep me, but really, how many people use today to honour the founders of this nation and the history of our nation?

Last edited:
What a farce of a holiday, hardly anyone celebrates the real point of the holiday anymore.

I.e. embraces the cultural history of Australia and the events of the past, it's mostly nowadays FUCK YEAH LET'S GET PISSED CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT FUCK OATH BRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Sorry, but if you're going to have a holiday for a specific reason, at least celebrate the damn reason behind it.
Like Christmas, no longer has a religious meaning (not that I am, but I can acknowledge that's where it came from).

Same goes for Easter as well.

Sorry, I mean hooray for Australia (and Victoria being the best state), but really, to the masses it's lost its meaning nowadays.

That is entirely true, I do worry about that. The day hasn't been about what makes this country good for quite some time, its a day that brings out the worst in many people. In fact, as I type, I can hear someone doing doughnuts in a Holden ute in a heavily pedestrian congested road. The day brings out the yobbos and the racists. And how can they say they love this country when they ruin its image with things like the Cronulla Riots and their general racism? Granted this is a very small minority of people, the rednecks with southern cross tattoos and flags draped over their backs, but on Australia Day they all seem to come out and cause trouble.