Has May really fallen out with Clarkson and Hammond?

Clickbait level 9001.

May is being reported as lashing out at his Grand Tour colleagues, insisting they?re ?not mates?; calling Richard Hammond a ?twat? and Jeremy Clarkson a ?knob?.

Is the love affair over, or is he just trying to divert attention away from the ice cream furore. :rolleyes:

Source?

So...if I'm reading that article correctly, he's basically saying he still feels the same way he always has about them, that Clarkson hasn't changed, and that he knew Hammond was "recovered" because he was back to being the same person he disliked.

So...how is this somehow news about a "falling out"?

Isn't this how he's always talked about his colleagues? The whole Ice Cream thing to me feels a bit like a throwback to the Top Gear controversies of old. "Hey x host said something offensive! He must be a hater!"
It's not a real discussion of the issues it's just an excuse to be angry and write a bunch of columns for clicks, in the end it all sort of sensitised people to people like soon to be President Trump.
The real sort of joke was check out how backwards Hammond's thinking is but most people apparently missed that.

Last edited:
Being an auto journalist, maybe he realizes he made a mistake and should have stayed with top gear.

They often say they hate each other, call each other names and don't get along when doing interviews and have done so for years. Jeremy said pretty much the same in that evening with Top Gear thing to preview season 22. This is just someone trying to get a scoop which it's old non news.

Seeing as how James went to the Olympia Horse Show with Richard and his family a couple of weeks ago, I don't think he hates him too much.

Seeing as how James went to the Olympia Horse Show with Richard and his family a couple of weeks ago, I don't think he hates him too much.

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer", obviously. ;)

Them not liking each other is a long running joke that everybody keeps thinking is real. People love a bit of drama I guess ;)

Yeah, it's nothing like Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters. Those two didn't realize the show would take off like it and they'd be working with each other for the next 10ish years. They worked together because they had to and it was obvious. The CHM relationship is nothing like that.