Help! Ice Maker Leaking Water

For now, we'll just buy a bag of ice till the liner of the freezer just gets wrecked, only $1.97 per bag :)

LOL, we built this house 14 years ago, thats why we have a built in ice maker, because they wanted a nice house, except contractors kinda screwed up on some small stuff so in 5 years time, they might sell the house and build a new house :p

Side-By-Side Fridges now only come with Ice Makers and Water Dispensers besides the cheaper Kenmores.

But hey, $1000 for a fridge with ice maker and water dispenser is cheap considering paying $2000 for this fridge 14 years ago when all our appliances were new,

Now breaking one by one, our Washer went 5 years ago, we're holding out on a dryer even though it needs replacing [2 cycles for complete dryness, 1 cycle means alot of dampness], and now the fridge besides the ice maker, liner on the freezer door is cracking.

Stupid thing is that ALL our appliances besides the gas stove is by Whirlpool.

Damn, they scammed us. But they found out that they couldn't make money because things don't break so now we have today, where EVERYTHING breaks early.

Last edited:
Screw the stainless steel look for appliances. Nothing wrong with white or black appliances. However, if you want to redo your kitchen, get the kind of fridge that you can match to your cabinets. Those are awesome. :thumbsup:

They all break early because they use stupidly cheap parts and know that they can get away with it. My parents still have a washer and dryer set from.. Whirlpool from the 70s, have yet to die. The last time something went wrong with the dryer, the repairman said to never get rid of these unless they can't be repaired any more.

Last edited:
when its hot, I keep a few glasses in the freezer, and just take one out and use it when I want something to drink

its about 100x better than ice, because it makes stuff cold faster and it doesnt dilute whatever your drinking like ice does when it melts.

The ice you get in bags from grocery stores or gas stations isn't food grade.. after seeing how they are done and stored, I would NEVER eat it.

Screw the stainless steel look for appliances.

No wai! Get a nice kitchen! Doesn't GE have a free upgrade to Stainless in all of North America right now?
400px-Ponderosa_kitchen.JPG

Stainless Steel is a bitch to clean and keep looking nice.

Whirlpools Satin finish is similar to stainless steel. Just easier to keep clean.

Ice maker? Bah! My family's never owned a fridge with an ice maker in our lives before! When we moved to MA in '98, we already had a creaking old fridge that's still working fine, 11 years later! You damn kids don't even know what you're missing! Now get off my lawn! :wheelchair:

My parent's fridge which they still have is from 1982. They don't make 'em like they used to :wheelchair: