Help Identifying

JayChou

last year I visited Thailand and yesterday when I take a look at those pictures, I found that there's a mysterious car. :shock:

b748ae5e.jpg

any idea?

here's some bonus :
e106e11b.jpg

b2ea26e0.jpg

I love this volvo! :thumbsup:

That's a Datsun. I'm not sure on the model, though.

\\\ EDIT ///

It seems a Datsun 1200, or 120Y, but I'm not sure... Somehow it seems a little different.

Re: Help Identifying

petergun said:
JayChou said:
last year I visited Thailand and yesterday when I take a look at those pictures, I found that there's a mysterious car. :shock:

b748ae5e.jpg

any idea?

Datsun 1200 Coupe ? aka Sunny

That is my guess. Though the logo and shape is a little different from those that I have seen.

Looks like I'm close: http://www.turbophile.com/feature_cars/brendan_1200.html

The rear window looks a bit different from the 1200 coupe I found.

andy.jpg

75.78.toyota.corolla.500.jpg

It looks a lot like that car, a mid 70's corolla liftback. :) The badge on the front reads GT, i think (i've seen that badge on earlier toyota GT's).

Those volvo wheels are indeed stock. Aren't they the coolest? There's a car near my work that has them in black (custom job). Looks great on that particular car (pale metallic green).

Cubits said:

It looks a lot like that car, a mid 70's corolla liftback. :) The badge on the front reads GT, i think (i've seen that badge on earlier toyota GT's).

Those volvo wheels are indeed stock. Aren't they the coolest? There's a car near my work that has them in black (custom job). Looks great on that particular car (pale metallic green).

Looks like you found the right one. :thumbup:

Cubits said:

how comes it looks so familiar with the datsun?! with just a little difference in the C pillar!
this time it's a 100% identical! thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

yeah! those volvo rims are the best I've ever seen, still looks very trendy and stylish nowadays!

JayChou said:
how comes it looks so familiar with the datsun?! with just a little difference in the C pillar!
this time it's a 100% identical! thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

yeah! those volvo rims are the best I've ever seen, still looks very trendy and stylish nowadays!

Toyota and Nissan/Datsun styling has always been very similar. You can pretty much take any Sunny(well, at least until 1990) and find more similarities than differences between it and same year's Toyota Corolla.

-Sam