Help me find a RWD Sportscar... IN GERMANY

Hey few hours in the office and a lot of answers! Thanks a bunch!

As it's been mentioned, I'm pretty much set on the sportscar thing, so Chrysler 300C is really not the type of car I'm going for. Although you guys made me look into E39 M5...
As for the new or nearly new argument, right now I'm investing a shitton of money into a 7 year old car. I could do without that ;-) hence my interest in the Genesis Coupe. It is pretty hard to get a test ride in one though, cause no dealer in the area has more than one. Anyone on here ever driven one?

Z4 Coupe is an interessting option, as well as E92 330i. I'll be looking into those.

Maybe I'll just wait until a used 370z pops up for me to get a hold of :p

Is "investing" money into 7 year old car worse idea than losing money because of depreciation? :)

honestly, the best option would be a mazda rx-8. they are reliable and relativly cheap (10-20k ? depending on the year). problem is, that they have wankel engine and for some wierd reason people are aspecially afraid of them in germany (look at ro80 and theire so called new engine's). it's a sports car (a 5series or tt are not), has a fr-layout, double wishbone suspenion (front & back, something you don't get in bmw's) and a torsen differential (bmw's only have them in m cars). if a 2 seater would be an option, the honda s2000 ist pretty good.

I'd gather rotaries aren't popular there due to the NSU engines propensity yo scratch up their innards and eat themselves.

I agree that a RX-7 or an S2000 would be a good choice.

E39 M5?
E46 M3?

any BMW?

Is "investing" money into 7 year old car worse idea than losing money because of depreciation? :)

Bingo. It's down to a question of either paying the depreciation monster or paying the mechanic.

I'll pay the depreciation, you get a nicer car out of the deal :p

It's all relative of course, some cars depreciate more than others and some are cheap to maintain.

Buying a 3yo car the depreciation monster already has eaten a lot.

Alternatively, get a new Danish or Italian Skoda, sell after two years for the same money.

How did this thread, posted on a carforum, go from helping a guy find a reasonably priced RWD used sportscar to importing used Skoda's?

Christ Almighty the world is going to hell in a handbasket.....

Last edited:
How did this thread, posted on a carforum, go from helping a guy find a reasonably priced RWD used sportscar to importing used Skoda's?

Christ Almighty the world is going to hell in a handbasket.....

I can fix this.

3730324167_6f868d50bb_o.jpg

The Toronado above is also four wheel drive and has the benefit that if the big block in the front fails for any reason there is another one in the back.

The Toronado above is also four wheel drive and has the benefit that if the big block in the front fails for any reason there is another one in the back.

+ it's called a Toronado wich immidiatly makes it infinetly cooler then any car with numbers in the name :p

Would have said a 200sx, since there seems to be plenty over there and with the hatch you can fit plenty in them. But I'm sure its too old/cheap for you.

FTFY. Buying lightly used Skodas is stupid because nobody wants to sell theirs, keeping the prices madly high.

Dude realy, what the hell ever :p

Last edited: