Help Pick LeMan's Dad's New Car

Any recommendations on the used front?

Same criteria

1-2 years old at most.

^ Again, no compact executive cars, a man of his age would look absolutely ridiculous, he also reckons the ride in the A4 is way to harsh.

VW Passat VR6? I love mine, it has a good quality feel to everything and it feels like it could go forever. You just have to hear the VR6 to be instantly hooked. ;)

wow, weird linky things happening here, anyway...

2008 VOLKSWAGEN PASSAT Type 3C MY09 V6 FSI DSG 4-MOTION HIGHLINE $50951

Carpoint.com doesn't like hotlinks, but there are a few there.

Would you regard this as a compact executive car ?

Last edited:
^ Again, no compact executive cars, a man of his age would look absolutely ridiculous, he also reckons the ride in the A4 is way to harsh.
I told my old man to get a Skoda Octavia TDi and he did and he loves it. Tell your old man to try the Skoda Superb. Old men seem to love them. It's big, comfy, cheap, It has European snobbery and it's a bit rare and kind of exclusive too. My old man, like me, is a bit of a wanker and he likes it when people come up and ask him about his car.

"My old man can't get a beer because his old man won't give a bear to another old man."

EDIT: I just realised that H0nzik has already recomended the Superb.

Last edited:
VW Phaeton or Audi A8.

Do they have the CC down there? I love that car, and it would fit the look you are going for IMO. I would not buy a Phaeton if VW paid me full market value to take it off their hands.... no freaking way! They are a maintenance NIGHTMARE!

Right, well the Jaaaaaaaaaag just got back from the service and unfortunately it was just the brakes, so you can call off the search.

My old man, like me, is a bit of a wanker and he likes it when people come up and ask him about his car.

Haha, my grandfather was the same. Some years ago he had the latest model Holden Rodeo (he was a farmer in the Mallee, so it's ok) and was parked outside the local pub one day when a bloke came up to him and started asking him about it. Of course the old man loved it and was only too willing to natter on about it until the cows literally came home.

The bloke who asked him turned out to be the father of a good friend of mine back here in Adelaide. Small world or what!