HELP PLS - looking for a new speaker system

pepitko

Car(s)
Audi A5, Ducati M796
Finally I got around to clean up my place last week, sold of my trusty old PC 5.1 speakers (had nowhere to connect them to anymore). So, right now I need help and advice. I'd like to get a new speaker system (preferably 5.1, I don't want to have a living room full of speakers) to connect to my XBOX 360 (mainly), tv, and also to connect to iPod/iPhone or use iPhone's remote app to play music via my laptop.

I don't need a "home cinema" system as I stream movies/TV shows/Top Gear via the xbox, so DVD/Blu-ray player is rather irrelevant. I'm looking at a budget of around EUR 200.

Any suggestions? Anybody has a similar set-up? Also, bit of a noob's question, do I need to connect the speakers to the xbox via USB or an audio output?

Many thanks!

The xbox has to use either optical, rca, or HDMI. I have a Logitech Z-5500 that works fantastically well with my PS3, 360, and computer.. not the absolute best sound, but for the money it cannot be beat.

The xbox has to use either optical, rca, or HDMI. I have a Logitech Z-5500 that works fantastically well with my PS3, 360, and computer.. not the absolute best sound, but for the money it cannot be beat.

Thanks! The Z-5500 looks sweet, I love the wireless remote. I see it came out back in 2004, is there a newer version by any chance?

btw, it seems I should have posted this in Interceptor's general music thread, too late now, oh well.