Help...

marcos_eirik

Car(s)
Mostly my feet, occasionally a Tesla
I'm currently suffering from the extreme need to get some new gear for my camera... I'm an Olympus E-410 user, and I'm currently pleased with the fourthirds system. While in the US, I bought a 14-54mm F 1:2,8-3,5 lens, which is my standard lens. I'm very pleased with the results I have got with it, but now, I want some more stuff... I have currently looked at a couple of lenses:

1) A proper fixed wide angle lens, the Zuiko Digital 8mm f 1:3,5 (Fisheye)
200.jpg

2) A fixed macro lens, the Zuiko Digital 50mm f 1:2,0
1106.jpg

Any other ideas? Anyway, I can't make up my mind of what to get as my student economy doesn't stretch to both of them. My brother is going over to the US for the easter holiday, and he asked if I wanted him to buy me some gear. The exchange rate is currently rather good.

Well, yeah I kind of figured that I'm suffering from G.A.S. But I'm going to get one of the two lenses above, but I'm not sure about which, as my student economy doesn't stretch to both. I might end up getting something else though, depending on y'all's suggestions.

So I'd be pleased if one of our resident Olympus experts (Nomix, you hear me...?) could give me some advice on this... :)

If you want a fisheye, buy the fisheye. If you want a macro, get the macro. This isn't like you're comparing similar lenses, this is about which kind of shooting you want to be doing. Nobody else but you, not me or nomix or David Hasselhoff, can make that decision for you.

If you want a fisheye, buy the fisheye. If you want a macro, get the macro.

x2

I have both a fisheye and a macro and I enjoy both of them but for very different reasons.
I love the 'wierd' things you can get with a fisheye, and I can spend hours taking choseups of flowers/butterflies/whatever with my macro.