Ownership Verified: Hemihead's Audi A4 Avant

Hemihead

Car(s)
Dacia Duster, Nissan WD21, Vaz 21023
First, the proof pic.

5zf8rb.jpg

The latest addition to the fleet, another Audi! This time a A4 Avant with the 2.6 V6. 150k km on the clock, one owner since 1999, always serviced at the local Audi dealer. Just driven it 65 km so far so i can't give a decent drivers report but the car feels rock solid, no clunks or creaking while driving along.

34s4285.jpg

25k29et.jpg

These are the wheels i'm trying to identify. 16-inch with the code "KBA 44279" stamped into them. No other markings can be found.

vxot51.jpg

Nice and clean engine bay.

vo3ls0.jpg

There are a few minor flaws on the car, but these will be handled at a later time

First things first, get rid of that aftermarket grill and put the stock one back on. :yes:

Other than that, the car looks great (and dat engine bay...:drool:), congrats! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Nice car, but that grille needs to go. Instant carbage. I always liked how those audi V6 engines look. :)

Last edited:
Not fond of the grill either, it's on the "to do" list.

Nice B5. The wheel was an optional extra (original Audi part) for the 1999-2001 A4 and 1998-2005 A6, so it's been retrofitted to your car. The part number for the wheel is 4B0601025K Z17. The number for the centre cap is 4B0601170 7ZJ.

?20 and ten minutes of fiddling resulted in a standard grill. Anyone who wants a mad tyte Kamei styling grill, yo?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice B5. The wheel was an optional extra (original Audi part) for the 1999-2001 A4 and 1998-2005 A6, so it's been retrofitted to your car. The part number for the wheel is 4B0601025K Z17. The number for the centre cap is 4B0601170 7ZJ.

Thanks!

Did you steal the gearknob off an old Vectra?

Oh, but nice car anyway! Not many of those 2.6's around here. You didn't consider going Quattro?

Did you steal the gearknob off an old Vectra?

Oh, but nice car anyway! Not many of those 2.6's around here. You didn't consider going Quattro?

If there had been a decently priced Quattro around, i would have grabbed it in a instant. They are sought-after cars and the prices show that.

A few other things about the car, when it was 6 months old the owner at the time payed to get a steering wheel from the S-model installed. The bill simply states "Refitting, S-type steering wheel". Some pillock have managed to smear some blue paint on the center but i think it will come off with some elbow grease. Note the original cassette radio.

15dnszr.jpg

Last edited:
The old cassette radio was sent to it's last rest today, replaced by a new Sony unit.

The Audi is slow to gain temp and i don't want to drive around all winter with lousy heat. The cost to replace the thermostat: ?260 according to my local garage. Bleh.

New thermostat in and i now have proper heat for the winter.

Hemihead's Audi A4 Avant

I'll have to get some pics of my car and get a thread up.

Avants = <3.

Some asshat broke into the storage where i have my winter wheels... and stole the center caps of the original Audi alloys. Not the wheels, not the bolts, just the center caps. It annoys the living bejezus out of me.